StarLogo TNG and Mac OS X High Sierra

Teresa Roberts

Nov 12, 2017, 12:07:03 AM11/12/17
to StarLogo TNG
Hello,
Since I upgraded to Mac High Sierra, my StarLogo environment does not work.
The IDE components open, but the initial turtle logo does not go away,
the code is visible, but does not execute.

Anyone else see this? Any clues about how to fix this?
Thanks

Eric Klopfer

Nov 13, 2017, 8:26:07 AM11/13/17
to starlo...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I had TNG running successfully in 10.12, but 10.13 seems to be different and I am getting the same result.  I’ll hunt around a bit to see what we can do.  TNG relies on a number of older Java libraries, which may have eventually met their end of life.

We’ve focused our development on a new web-based version of StarLogo called StarLogo Nova (slnova.org).  It runs entirely within the browser without any plugins.  While we still haven’t reached feature parity with TNG, we have a significant development effort going on right now, so we expect it will be there soon and in the mean time it is quite functional and provides some capabilities beyond TNG.

Hope this helps.

Eric Klopfer