A problem with importing and exporting data in Starlogo

SB

Jun 10, 2009, 6:06:38 AM6/10/09
to StarLogo TNG
Well, I really enjoyed working in Starlogo, but now I have a necessity
to connect a module written in Starlogo with module written in С#. The
first thing I tried was to edit a .sltng file to import data in
Starlogo or to get data from this file to export data from Starlogo.
But I need to import data in Starlogo dynamically, which means that
Starlogo project should recieve new data while the project is being
executed. Is there any possibility to do it?

Thank you for your help, Alexander.

Daniel (StarLogoTNG Team)

Jul 2, 2009, 5:53:43 PM7/2/09
to StarLogo TNG
Hi Alexander,

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible right now in TNG. StarLogo
2.2 supports writing out to a file, which C# could then read, but I'm
not sure if even StarLogo 2.2 supports reading in data dynamically.
You can take a look: http://education.mit.edu/starlogo

I'm not actually very good at StarLogo 2.2 because I developed
StarLogo TNG, but I can try to help if you think you find a way to
make it work.

Thanks,
--Daniel (StarLogo TNG team)

Bruce

Aug 12, 2009, 5:17:46 AM8/12/09
to StarLogo TNG
Hi Daniel,

Working in StarLogo TNG has been great for me too. Please keep up the
good work!

My current - serious - problem is data export. I posted a comment a
day or so ago with the crux of the problem, but I would really like to
discuss it with you.

Our model would seem to be an order or two more ambitious than what
others have been working on, and I think you would like to see it.

Regards,

Bruce

Bernardo Adolfo Bastién Olvera

Jul 24, 2015, 9:22:34 AM7/24/15
to StarLogo TNG, bruce.b...@ntlworld.com
Hey Bruce, what was your model about? How did it work? Im thnking of using StarLogo TNG for my climate modeling research.
Ceer,
Bernie