Error on Startup

FoxWolf1

Aug 23, 2009, 4:15:15 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
The automated error screen told me to start a new thread with the
following information copy-pasted:

System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has
occurred. Line 100, position 16.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String
arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32
startOffset, Int32& colonPos)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at Crownwood.Magic.Collections.StringCollection.LoadFromXml(String
name, XmlTextReader xmlIn)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.RestoreZoneAffinity.LoadInternalFromXml
(XmlTextReader xmlIn, Int32 formatVersion)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.Restore.LoadFromXml(XmlTextReader xmlIn,
Int32 formatVersion)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.Restore.CreateFromXml(XmlTextReader
xmlIn, Boolean readIn, Int32 formatVersion)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.Restore.LoadFromXml(XmlTextReader xmlIn,
Int32 formatVersion)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.Restore.CreateFromXml(XmlTextReader
xmlIn, Boolean readIn, Int32 formatVersion)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.Content.LoadFromXml(XmlTextReader xmlIn,
Int32 formatVersion)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.Content..ctor(XmlTextReader xmlIn, Int32
formatVersion)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.DockingManager.LoadConfigFromStream
(Stream stream)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.DockingManager.LoadConfigFromFile(String
filename)
at Starforge.WndMain.InitializeToolWindows()
at Starforge.WndMain..ctor(SByte* cmdLine)
at WinMain(HINSTANCE__* hInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance,
SByte* lpCmdLine, Int32 nCmdShow)

Clokr_

Aug 23, 2009, 5:20:25 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
The layout.xml file probably got corrupted after the last crash. Try
to replace it with the v0.01 zip one and run SF.

FoxWolf1

Aug 23, 2009, 5:52:33 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
Okay, I did that, and it will start again. It still won't load most of
my projects though...see my other discussion group topic for
information on that issue (as requested, I attached one of the maps
that it refuses to open).

Jon Cable

Aug 24, 2009, 11:13:22 PM8/24/09
to Starforge
Are you using a 64-bit operating system? What language of windows?

Undead-Fox

Aug 25, 2009, 4:37:47 PM8/25/09
to Starforge
Well I have Vista x64 and 7 x64, and StarForge works fine on both of
them.