Heinermann's Bug Reports

1 view

Heinermann

Aug 23, 2009, 2:19:28 AM8/23/09
to Starforge
1. DPI settings cause layout to be displayed improperly. See
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/733696/Clipboard08.gif

2. Undo setting does not work when moving units using arrow keys.

3. Undo setting does not work when moving doodads using arrow keys,
mouse, or modifying unit properties.

4. Undo setting does not work when moving sprites using arrow keys.

5. Undo setting does not work on Fog of War layer.

6. Undo setting does not work on location layer. (This I'm not sure if
it's supposed to)

7. "Layer Options" in menu does not respond.

8. Exception when clicking "Sounds..." in the Scenario menu. See
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/733696/exception.txt

9. In the trigger editor, I need to click twice on a checkbox (one to
select the option, the other to check it) when it should only be once.

10. Exception after selecting a location to save triggers. The files
are created. See http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/733696/exception2.txt

11. The mouse wheel does not scroll through the list of triggers.

12. Starforge hangs when loading the triggers it has saved.

13. Starforge does not have players set to inactive by default.

14. Starforge adds strings for default force names when the Forces
dialog is opened.

15. The map does not scroll when you drag the unit/doodad/sprite
selection box to the edge of the screen, when you move a location,
unit, doodad, or sprite to the edge of the screen, when you resize a
location past the edge of the screen, or when you click and drag the
terrain/fog brush or drag-placing units/sprites/doodads. (Not the edge
of the map)

16. Exception when you use the Map Revealers tool a second time. See
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/733696/exception3.txt

17. The grid is drawn on top of the selection box (when released).

18. "Display isom values" debug option does nothing.

19. Exception when using an extended unit. Starforge will fail to
operate properly if this is the case. See http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/733696/exception4.txt

20. Extended sprites do the same as #19.

21. Sprite-units are still drawn as normal sprites.

22. Starforge cannot run if the data MPQ is opened with an MPQ editor.
":0 Unable to open archive C:\Starforge_0.01\data.mpq"

23. The left pane keeps increasing in size every time I run the
program.

Heinermann

Aug 23, 2009, 2:24:08 AM8/23/09
to Starforge
Also, the trigger data file in the MPQ is formatted in a weird way.
This way of formatting can't allow adding the same trigger with
different settings.

Heinermann

Aug 23, 2009, 3:07:47 AM8/23/09
to Starforge
24. Ctrl or Shift click does not add units to a selection. (I expected
it to)

Marcel Dejean

Aug 23, 2009, 2:15:15 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
13. Starforge does not have players set to inactive by default.
 This is the same behavior as Staredit

Jon Cable

Aug 23, 2009, 6:05:23 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
I've logged these issues. Thanks for all the feedback!

Do you have a suggestion on how "extended" sprites and units should be
shown? Obviously there is no GRP or iscript data for them. My first
instinct is to draw a 32x32 square with its ID number shown inside.

Clokr_

Aug 23, 2009, 6:37:06 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
I was thinking about creating an interrogation sign GRP then making it
display the first frame of that grp with a hardcoded selection circle
size and such. The box with the ID idea is not bad but I don't know if
we'll able to reuse the selecting code and such. I'll think about how
to code it.

Heinermann

Aug 24, 2009, 6:48:25 AM8/24/09
to Starforge
"This is the same behavior as Staredit"

I mean players are not set to inactive if they don't have Start
Locations. So when you make a test map with player 1: Human and player
2: Computer, there is somehow 6 extra slots.
But since it's possible for players to be part of a game without Start
Locations, the behaviour of Staredit is not the best choice.
So I propose: Default players start as inactive, placing a start
location changes them to Human (Open slot).

@extended units/sprites
You could just use the scourge or scout GRP (always face north), but I
guess a box or circle with a number is fine.

Undead-Fox

Aug 25, 2009, 4:35:56 PM8/25/09
to Starforge
Perhaps I'm just crazy, but when having a unit(s) selected,
it'd be nice to be able to right click somewhere to open up a
selection menu
rather than have to go up to the top to hit specific buttons.

Jon Cable

Aug 25, 2009, 6:20:19 PM8/25/09
to Starforge

On Aug 25, 1:35 pm, Undead-Fox <undead....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I'm just crazy, but when having a unit(s) selected,
> it'd be nice to be able to right click somewhere to open up a
> selection menu
> rather than have to go up to the top to hit specific buttons.

What actions are you trying to take? There are keyboard shortcuts for
most of them.
Enter -> properties
Delete -> delete
Click & drag -> move
Arrow keys (soon to be ctrl+arrows) -> move
Ctrl-C -> copy to brush
ctrl+Number keys -> change owner

We'll eventually have a context (right-click) menu, but at the time
that we implemented the unit tools we didn't have a great way to do
something like that in a cross-platform fashion.

Undead-Fox

Aug 26, 2009, 4:41:09 PM8/26/09
to Starforge
As great as keyboard shortcuts are, the right-click menu is one of the
things I love most. It's really nice when you're able to lounge back
and do
everything with one hand ~waits for dirty jokes~

Heinermann

Aug 26, 2009, 5:44:34 PM8/26/09
to Starforge
Exception when using UNDO after dragging the terrain brush over the
edge of the map.

Heinermann

Aug 26, 2009, 5:54:43 PM8/26/09
to Starforge
No way of dealing with overlapping locations.

Heinermann

Aug 26, 2009, 6:04:13 PM8/26/09
to Starforge
Does not handle unit properties. (Create unit with properties)

Jon Cable

Aug 26, 2009, 8:34:01 PM8/26/09
to Starforge
On Aug 26, 3:04 pm, Heinermann <deathknight13...@aim.com> wrote:
> Does not handle unit properties. (Create unit with properties)

It should, there's just a peculiar syntax for it. If you open up a
preexisting CUWP trigger you should be able to figure it out.

Clokr_

Aug 26, 2009, 9:40:18 PM8/26/09
to Starforge
They'll eventually have a right-click menu. It's not high priority
though.

Heinermann

Aug 27, 2009, 10:06:30 AM8/27/09
to Starforge
Oh, well I have no idea what the syntax is. BTW will there be CUWP
slot recycling?

Heinermann

Aug 27, 2009, 8:17:53 PM8/27/09
to Starforge
Can't overwrite maps. This is annoying.
In trigger editor, "Factories" gets replaced by "Buildings".

Heinermann

Aug 27, 2009, 8:24:37 PM8/27/09
to Starforge
Using an extended unit (number [#]) in triggers like CommandMost and
CommandLeast cause either a buffer overflow or exception in SF.

Heinermann

Aug 30, 2009, 1:03:53 PM8/30/09
to Starforge
Hallucinated units don't play hallucination deaths when deleted.
Units will burrow even when the tech is disabled.
Sight/Attack ranges are not updated according to technology.
Doodad placer preview does not include the Doodad's attached sprite.
Pylon aura graphics don't disappear from the unit placement preview
when cancelled.
Pylon aura graphics don't disappear when the unit type is modified in
unit properties.
Any addon and Terran building can be paired when they should be
restricted to hardcoded unit IDs.
Placing map revealers does not update the minimap.
Crashes when attempting to open the sound editor on a new (unsaved)
map.
Crashes when attempting to play a WAV file that has been removed from
a Starcraft MPQ.
Crashes when using # in location field for a location that has not
been defined.
Crashes when using # in AIScript field.
Crashes when trying to read a switch > 255 in switch actions. (not
valid, but crash can be avoided)
Placing sprites don't snap to grid even though their previews do.
Crashes when minimizing the map window (not the main window).
Zerg unit death sprites continually generate iscript instances (I've
gotten over 2 million iscript instances on the counter).
Unit count is not limited to 1650 and sprite count is not limited to
500.
Copy/paste units does not update the minimap.
Unit health/shield/energy bars get stretched out when their % values
are set to greater than 100.
Resource amount in unit properties should be limited to 2 bytes (65535
max).
Hangar count in unit properties should be limited to 1 byte (10 max).
(You can go and make all those fields the same size)
When changing a unit-sprite's properties (Type) to something else, the
graphic will become that of a pure sprite and crash depending on
certain actions (probably because of the selection circle).

Moose Rocko

Aug 30, 2009, 4:32:19 PM8/30/09
to Heinermann, Starforge
Unit count should be 1700, not including start locations, so 1708 w/ start locations.
Message has been deleted

Heinermann

Aug 30, 2009, 4:56:53 PM8/30/09
to Starforge
Hmm you're right. I just found out SC loads all units. It was probably
a restriction all other editors were placing.

On Aug 30, 4:32 pm, Moose Rocko <majestikthemo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unit count should be 1700, not including start locations, so 1708 w/ start
> locations.

Heinermann

Aug 30, 2009, 5:03:27 PM8/30/09
to Starforge
The same goes for sprites, so I recommend you don't add a limiter.

Heinermann

Aug 30, 2009, 5:13:21 PM8/30/09
to Starforge
update: pure-sprite limit is 499
unit-sprites work like units and have no limit.

Falkoner

Sep 3, 2009, 8:46:10 PM9/3/09
to Starforge
Wait, unit-sprites work like units and share their limit, or do they
actually have no limit?

Heinermann

Sep 3, 2009, 9:36:06 PM9/3/09
to Starforge