Going to start a new map using this.

Tuxlar

Aug 24, 2009, 6:47:40 PM8/24/09
to Starforge
Reserving this thread for feedback. I'll tell you how it goes. Note
that I don't have that much time to keep on top of recent discussions,
so if I mention things already brought up, let me know.

Tuxlar

Aug 25, 2009, 3:41:38 AM8/25/09
to Starforge
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Starcraft' is
denied.
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String
str)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey,
RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity
registrySecurity)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey,
RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck)
at ?A0xf21cca97.VerifySCDirectory()
at WinMain(HINSTANCE__* hInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance,
SByte* lpCmdLine, Int32 nCmdShow)

Marcel Dejean

Aug 25, 2009, 6:25:29 PM8/25/09
to Starforge
Did you download & install Starcraft from the Blizzard Store? My guess is that newer SC versions use the HKCU keys rather than the HKLM keys, and so if you never had an old version installed, you won't have the HKLM keys.

Heim: Starforge should use the HKCU keys in preference to the HKLM keys, but should look in both.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM, D W <web...@gmail.com> wrote:
I did some digging, and apparently on my Vista machine it's not under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but rather HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  There is no Blizzard Entertainment entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Marcel Dejean <dood...@gmail.com> wrote:
Go into regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and right click on Blizzard Entertainment and click Permissions. Add an entry for your user and give it Full Control.

This is, however, a bug that needs to be fixed.
--
Marcel Dejean, IT Assistant
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corp

Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the
people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures.

Tuxlar

Aug 25, 2009, 6:42:49 PM8/25/09
to Starforge
Actually this is the same copy of Starcraft I've had since... god
knows how long.

I may have used a few no-CD cracks along the way and lugged it around
by hand across my previous computers a few times, though. :P

On Aug 25, 3:25 pm, Marcel Dejean <doodle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you download & install Starcraft from the Blizzard Store? My guess is
> that newer SC versions use the HKCU keys rather than the HKLM keys, and so
> if you never had an old version installed, you won't have the HKLM keys.
>
> Heim: Starforge should use the HKCU keys in preference to the HKLM keys, but
> should look in both.
>
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM, D W <webu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I did some digging, and apparently on my Vista machine it's not under
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, but rather HKEY_CURRENT_USER.  There is no Blizzard
> > Entertainment entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
>
> > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Marcel Dejean <doodle...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Go into regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and right click on
> >> Blizzard Entertainment and click Permissions. Add an entry for your user and
> >> give it Full Control.
>
> >> This is, however, a bug that needs to be fixed.

Marcel Dejean

Aug 25, 2009, 6:50:18 PM8/25/09
to Starforge
Ah, well if you copied it after 1.15.2 and you didn't copy the registry entries with it, then that would have the same result.

Jon Cable

Aug 25, 2009, 11:10:09 PM8/25/09
to Starforge
You can fix this by generating the keys yourself. This exception is
actually a result of SF trying to do just that. Perhaps try running
the program as administrator (right-click)?

Tuxlar

Aug 26, 2009, 12:07:32 AM8/26/09
to Starforge
Also, I just got this when I clicked on the brush bucket thing under
the terrain widget:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.
at System.Windows.Forms.Menu.get_MenuItems()
at Starforge.WndMapSurface.BeforeLayerChanged(Int32 layer)
at Starforge.LayerChangedHandler.Invoke(Int32 layer)
at Starforge.Layers.raise_BeforeLayerChanged(Int32 i1)
at Starforge.Layers.SetActiveLayer(Int32 layer, MapSurface*
mapSurface, Boolean changeTool)
at ?SetLayer@ui@@$$FYAXW4Layer@1@PAVMapSurface@chk@@_N@Z(Int32
layer, MapSurface* mapSurface, Boolean changeTool)
at ui.MapTool.SetCurrentTool(MapSurface* , MapTool* )
at Starforge.WndFogBrushOptions.tbrBrushType_ButtonClick(Object
sender, ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.OnButtonClick
(ToolBarButtonClickEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolBar.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage
(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc
(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Starforge
Assembly Version: 1.0.3521.27526
Win32 Version: 0.01.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TheeXile/Games/Starcraft/Starforge%200.01/Starforge.exe
msvcm90
Assembly Version: 9.0.21022.8
Win32 Version: 9.00.21022.8
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_none_bcb86ed6ac711f91/msvcm90.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MagicLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/TheeXile/Games/Starcraft/Starforge%200.01/MagicLibrary.DLL
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Message has been deleted

Tuxlar

Aug 26, 2009, 12:10:33 AM8/26/09
to Starforge
(My previous message didnt show up?)

It works now that I used Run as Administrator. Forgot about that
one. Thanks.

Tuxlar

Aug 26, 2009, 12:19:40 AM8/26/09
to Starforge
Ugh. The problem is even worse. _Nothing_ appears to work without
either an exception or unresponsiveness. Save the Player Settings
menu.