SF:U Using a shitload of CPU

Heinermann

Sep 13, 2009, 9:08:42 PM9/13/09
to Starforge
Anyway, I'm just wondering if other people are having problems with SF
using anywhere from 20% to 70% of their CPU.

Clokr_

Sep 13, 2009, 9:15:19 PM9/13/09
to Starforge
Current version has a fps limiter built it set by default to 50. If it
consumes too much CPU you can open the command toolwindow and type the
following:

setmaxfps 20

That'll set the max fps to 20 and probably reduce the CPU usage. If
you want to know how many fps it is running at type:

showdebuginfo 1

Jon Cable

Sep 14, 2009, 12:18:53 PM9/14/09
to Starforge
We're currently (stupidly) doing a busy wait on the render thread. It
makes it look like it's using a lot of CPU but if another process
needs time it should get it. We should be able to improve this in the
future.

Clokr_

Sep 14, 2009, 12:43:54 PM9/14/09
to Starforge
I see... Looks like I still have some stuff to learn about
threading :P
I'll try to improve it P: