Invalid sprite entry (1235560)

FoxWolf1

Aug 23, 2009, 12:16:11 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
I get this error (following an "unable to open map" dialog) when I
attempt to open the majority of my in-progress maps. There are no
difficulties in opening those maps with other programs (including
StarForge 1). Is anyone else getting this problem with the 0.01
release? I haven't seen it on any of the other bug threads, and it has
pretty much made it impossible for me to test anything else, since the
projects that I want to work on won't open.

Jon Cable

Aug 23, 2009, 1:53:30 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
Can you post one of those maps in the files section? You should have
access.

FoxWolf1

Aug 23, 2009, 4:15:10 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
File has been uploaded. I wish I could reproduce the problem, but now
SF won't even start up...see my newest thread for the error report.

Clokr_

Aug 23, 2009, 7:39:11 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
Weird. It opens for me just fine. Are you using the last version of SC
BW? Does SF crash when opening other people maps?

FoxWolf1

Aug 23, 2009, 8:30:23 PM8/23/09
to Starforge
My Broodwar is fully updated. It doesn't crash, it just can't open the
map, as if the map were protected (which it isn't, as you can see). As
for the maps of others, the error occurs with about the same
frequency...some maps it likes, others it doesn't.

Heinermann

Aug 24, 2009, 7:01:37 AM8/24/09
to Starforge

Heinermann

Aug 24, 2009, 7:31:14 AM8/24/09
to Starforge
Cause of crash: In-transit property

On Aug 24, 7:01 am, Heinermann <deathknight13...@aim.com> wrote:
> When I open that map I gethttp://dl.getdropbox.com/u/733696/Clipboard11.gif

Clokr_

Aug 24, 2009, 11:49:42 AM8/24/09
to Starforge
Hein's problem was that he deleted all the wav files from the mpqs and
instead placed them on the Starcraft folder. SF would crash when
trying to read the wav files to play sounds. I suppose that's not your
case (you have not deleted anything from the mpqs, have you?). I also
have no idea why it wasn't display the "File not found" exception and
displayed a runtime error instead.
Also can you check if setting the units in transit crashes? Make a new
map, place a terran building and set it in transit. If it doesn't
crash can you make a copy of your map, delete all the units with other
editor then try to load it with SF. Does it crash?

FoxWolf1

Aug 24, 2009, 12:37:14 PM8/24/09
to Starforge
No, I haven't messed with my mpqs. I'd test the floating unit for you,
except that now I've managed to get SF2 stuck trying to load a map
that crashes it every time it starts up. Is there some nifty way I can
edit what map it tries to load on startup without actually opening the
application?

Heinermann

Aug 24, 2009, 1:35:59 PM8/24/09
to Starforge
Open the original Staredit and save a new map. Starforge reads the
most recent entry in the "Recent Maps" registry key.