Issue 200 in starflighttlc: Save game bug allows player to instantly jump back to starport from anywhere

starfl...@googlecode.com

Jun 12, 2011, 1:48:42 AM6/12/11
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Owner: swi...@gmail.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 200 by swi...@gmail.com: Save game bug allows player to instantly
jump back to starport from anywhere
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=200

Thanks to DBG719 for finding this bug:

"From the Start Screen, when you click "Load Game", you are taken to the
Captains Lounge. There you click to load one of your saved games.

There are two buttoms: "Exit" and "Launch".

After I click to load a saved game.....if I next click "Exit", I retain all
of my saved game states but am in the Starport. If I load my saved game and
click "Launch", I retain all of my saved game states including where I was
in the galaxy.

Soooooo, I can complete some tasks somewhere in the galaxy....stop and save
my game.......reload my saved game.....click on "Exit" and I have traveled
back to Starport and expended no fuel.....and no travel time. Better than
any continuim flux."

starfl...@googlecode.com

Jun 24, 2011, 10:49:43 PM6/24/11
to starfl...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 200 by swi...@gmail.com: Save game bug allows player to
instantly jump back to starport from anywhere
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=200

Since game data is retrieved when the player clicks on "load", all of the
save buttons and also the exit button need to be to be disabled when the
player chooses "load game." This will force the player to either click on
load for a different save game file or click launch.

This conversation is locked