Issue 185 in starflighttlc: PLANET ORBIT: Disable science officer sensor failure check

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 16, 2010, 5:52:52 PM9/16/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Owner: swirsz
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium

New issue 185 by swirsz: PLANET ORBIT: Disable science officer sensor
failure check
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=185

This skill check which causes sensor scans and analysis to fail as little
purpose other than to annoy the player. I would rather have this feature
disabled and have the science officer skill be meaningless rather than
randomly annoy the player.

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 16, 2010, 7:51:01 PM9/16/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 185 by jsharbour: PLANET ORBIT: Disable science officer

fixed. now if the officer fails skill check, his skill won't go up but it
won't fail the scan.

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 19, 2010, 3:11:19 AM9/19/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Priority-Medium Priority-Low

Comment #2 on issue 185 by swirsz: PLANET ORBIT: Disable science officer

With the current settings, sensor scans cannot fail but sensor analysis may
still fail. I was thinking of having both of these conditions always
succeed at all times unless anyone has any other thoughts? During game
testing I personally have just gotten sick
of "scan" "analysis" "scan" "analysis" "scan" "analysis" ..etc..

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 19, 2010, 10:54:29 PM9/19/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 185 by swirsz: PLANET ORBIT: Disable science officer

Fixed in R225

This conversation is locked