Issue 195 in starflighttlc: Mission log should be available from orbit and the planet's surface

starfl...@googlecode.com

Oct 5, 2010, 5:49:37 PM10/5/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Owner: swirsz
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium

New issue 195 by swirsz: Mission log should be available from orbit and the
planet's surface
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=195

Reported by Robert Caldwell:

"Mission Log Not Accessible Here?
On my very first play through with the freelance class and from
mission #6 and on, I was always trying to open, or find a way to
access the mission log while in space or on a planets surface. This
works when you are in space, but you cannot access the mission log
while on a planets surface or while orbiting a planet."

starfl...@googlecode.com

Oct 5, 2010, 5:53:41 PM10/5/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 195 by swirsz: Mission log should be available from

"Just to throw some ideas out
there, maybe a mission log button could be added to the pause screen?
Or maybe add a mission log button directly to the user interface while
on a planet. Something like below the Land and Launch buttons."

starfl...@googlecode.com

Oct 6, 2010, 4:20:02 PM10/6/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 195 by jsharbour: Mission log should be available from

Yes, it's possible, but requires extra work, and feature creep is the
reason why this game is still unfinished after 3 years. So, for better or
worse, NO!!!! :) Unless a bug or gameplay glitch prevents the game from
working, no new features will be added, no matter how great they are... we
need to move on to the new port of this game, not add anything new here.
The bare minimum needed to make it playable and fun (as originally
intended) but no new features for the sake of convenience, unless someone
has the time to dig in... Features like this are a slippery slope... I
could say, "No problem", because honestly, that is a simple request... but
where do we draw the line on "easy improvements"?

starfl...@googlecode.com

Oct 9, 2010, 9:57:53 AM10/9/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 195 by syntaxerror.unknown: Mission log should be
available from orbit and the planet's surface
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=195

I understand and I completely agree that feature creep is not good at this
stage in development. To be honest with you, this is just a minor complaint
on my part.

rcaldwell

starfl...@googlecode.com

Nov 8, 2010, 10:11:49 PM11/8/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #4 on issue 195 by syntaxerror.unknown: Mission log should be

available from orbit and the planet's surface
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=195

Since we decided that this is really not an issue, I am going to close this
issue

This conversation is locked