Issue 184 in starflighttlc: GAME MENU: Quick save slot is not explicitly reserved

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 16, 2010, 5:35:42 PM9/16/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Owner: swirsz
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Medium

New issue 184 by swirsz: GAME MENU: Quick save slot is not explicitly
reserved
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=184

Use brackets or some special indication to show that the fifth game slot is
the quick save slot. When going into the captain's lounge, it should be
impossible to save games to the 5th quick save slot, only load them. This
will prevent confusion and players accidentally saving their permanent game
into this fifth slot.

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 16, 2010, 7:38:04 PM9/16/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 184 by jsharbour: GAME MENU: Quick save slot is not
explicitly reserved
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=184

Fixed. 5th save button no longer responds. no explanation is given.

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 17, 2010, 12:08:14 AM9/17/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #2 on issue 184 by jsharbour: GAME MENU: Quick save slot is not
explicitly reserved
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=184

Uh oh, I just did an auto-save and found that it did save in the same slot
that I had used before. I don't think it explicitly uses the 5th slot every
time for auto-save (via the pop-up menu), but it uses the last known slot.
If you haven't loaded or saved the game prior, then it uses 5th. maybe..

Resurrecting this issue until we know for sure.

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 17, 2010, 4:46:28 PM9/17/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 184 by jsharbour: GAME MENU: Quick save slot is not
explicitly reserved
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=184

Okay never mind, must have been not paying attention. I just verified that
slot 5 does indeed get used for auto-save, even when another save slot is
recently used. The disabled save button on #5 will remain, but I do intend
to display something to show the player that this is the autosave location.
Perhaps a slight change to the background image.

This conversation is locked