Issue 154 in starflighttlc: (SPOILER WARNING!) - GRAPHICS ARTIST NEEDED: Endgame sequence

starfl...@googlecode.com

Nov 22, 2009, 10:45:19 PM11/22/09
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Owner: swirsz
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 154 by swirsz: (SPOILER WARNING!) - GRAPHICS ARTIST NEEDED:
Endgame sequence
http://code.google.com/p/starflighttlc/issues/detail?id=154

The following concept describes the sequence that takes place when the
player wins the game. It would be nice to have a series of images or even a
short video sequence to represent this event. If we do not have anything by
the time the game is finished, a large text box could be displayed with the
endgame events described in descriptive prose.

Essentially:

"The hypercube artifact originally from old earth is returned to the center
of the ancient city. and it turns out to be a control unit for Mysterion
ships. When returned to the ancients at one of the ancient cities, a large
fleet of circular transport ships appears in the sky and starts teleporting
all the ancients off the planet, but before leaving reveal a formula or
cure for the super virus is "beamed back down." The ancients are shown to
be endurium and a flux to the alpha sector is opened directly above the
planet, with the message 'SEEK ALTERNATIVE FUEL.'

Physical descriptions of everything described above available on request.

wi...@hotmail.com

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 16, 2010, 7:55:11 PM9/16/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Type-Defect Type-Enhancement

Comment #1 on issue 154 by jsharbour: (SPOILER WARNING!) - GRAPHICS ARTIST

Steve, how do we know that the game is over, is the stage set to a certain
value? I'd like to insert some placeholder text and test it out.

Note: Let's expand this issue to address the need for an introduction to
the game as well, using the introductory story of the Noah colony ship
landing on Myrrdan, etc..

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 20, 2010, 12:54:53 AM9/20/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 154 by swirsz: (SPOILER WARNING!) - GRAPHICS ARTIST

One of the last things that Vincent did with the code was to rework the
system for advancing the plot stage by implementing it into the lua instead
of the C++ code. I don't know how it was set to work before, but there is
currently a function near the very bottom of quests.lua which would advance
the plot stage depending on the quest number. I'll modify it to change to
plot stage 5 upon advancement to quest 72, which is the placeholder quest
after the final one.

Agreed about the introduction.

starfl...@googlecode.com

Sep 25, 2010, 10:43:41 PM9/25/10
to starfl...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 154 by jsharbour: (SPOILER WARNING!) - GRAPHICS ARTIST

This conversation is locked