Here it is! The Fall 2009 Liu Lecture schedule!

David Goligorsky

Oct 5, 2009, 4:29:36 PM10/5/09
to Stanford University Liu Lectures
Hi everyone,

I'm writing to tell you that we've got three exceptional speakers
coming to Stanford this Fall for our Liu Lecture Series. The first
speaker is Maira Kalman, a fascinating illustrator known for her work
in the New Yorker, the New York Times, a number of her own books, and
myriad collaborations with her late husband, Tibor Kalman. The next
talk will be given by Genevieve Bell, the Director of User Experience
at Intel. The series will close with a lecture from Ben Fry, who
earned his PhD at the MIT Media Lab for computation and aesthetics.
He is a co-author of the open source computer code known as Processing
and wrote a book on the subject of Data Visualization. It's a
privilege and honor to host these inspirational speakers and I hope
you'll join me this Fall in hearing their messages.

Check the Liu Lecture blog (http://liulectures.blogspot.com) for all
the dates, locations, and more in-depth bios for the speakers. I
really hope to see you there! These talks are not to be missed!
Definitely pass along the information to anyone and everyone whom you
think would be interested.

See you there,

.david goligorsky
2009 Liu Lecture Coordinator
http://liulectures.blogspot.com

PS: If you have any suggestions for the future of the Liu Lecture
Series, such as time, place, potential speakers, or any other
feedback, please send me an email at david.go...@stanford.edu and
I'll make a note of it and see what can be done. If you love it and
wouldn't have it any other way, I'd like to hear that too!