NERI OXMAN: October 4th, 2010

MT

Sep 27, 2010, 10:30:03 PM9/27/10
to Stanford University Liu Lectures
NERI OXMAN
MIT/MATERIALECOLOGY
6pm - Monday - October 4, 2010
Building 550 Atrium

We are delighted to welcome architecture and design visionary Neri
Oxman as our first speaker in this season's David H. Liu Memorial
Lecture Series in Design at Stanford. Featured in Fast Company's Top
100 Most Creative People in 2010, Neri is an architect, Assistant
Professor at the MIT Media Lab, and newly-appointed Director of the
Mediated Matter Group.

Join us as Neri discusses her pioneering work at the technological
forefront of design and explores the material intersection between
architecture, engineering, computation, and ecology. Inspired by
nature, her research seeks to integrate morphology, behavior, material
and structure by combining computational form-finding strategies with
biologically inspired fabrication technologies. More information on
her work can be found on online at MIT and materialecology.

As always, the Liu Lectures are free and open to the public thanks to
the generous support of Dr. and Mrs. Liu. We look forward to seeing
you there!