Stanford MLSys Seminar Episode 47: Zain Asgar [Th, 1.35-2.30pm PT]

Karan Goel

Nov 17, 2021, 9:00:12 PM11/17/21
to stanford-ml...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We're back with the forty-seventh episode of the MLSys Seminar on Thursday from 1.35-2.30pm PT.

We'll be joined by Zain Asgar, who will talk about data science for infrastructure. The format is a 30 minute talk followed by a 30 minute podcast-style discussion, where the live audience can ask questions.

Guests: Zain Asgar
Title: Data science for infrastructure using Pixie
Abstract: Pixie is a Kubernetes-native observability platform which helps developers explore, monitor, secure and manage their applications. Pixie is a Cloud Native Computing Foundation Sandbox Project. Pixie utilizes eBPF to automatically collect telemetry data which is stored on edge nodes. This data is usable in Pixie via a Pandas like interface allowing construction of complex data workflows, including machine learning. This talk will provide an overview of Pixie, some of the problems that we solved, and future work we are looking into.
Bio: Zain Asgar is a GM/GVP – Pixie & Open Source @ New Relic. Prior to this Zain was co-founder/CEO of Pixie Labs (acquired by New Relic). Zain is also an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University and was an Entrepreneur in Residence at Benchmark before co-founding Pixie. He has a PhD from Stanford and has helped build at-scale data and AI/ML at Google AI, Trifacta and Nvidia.

See you all there!

Best,
Karan

Karan Goel