Stanford AI Class: Week -1 (Consolidated video of all topics for week-1)

Pseudo

Oct 9, 2011, 7:38:18 PM10/9/11
to Stanford AI Class
The videos on youtube are small topic-wise parts, which have been
stitched using ffm­peg by me into a consolidated single file, so peo­
ple can down­load and and sit watch them at peace here.

http://www.sgcanand.com/2011/10/10/stanford-ai_class_week-1/

Justin Cook

Oct 9, 2011, 8:10:49 PM10/9/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Would be very nice to see if this works on the iPad. I've noticed lots of "complaints", but it was stated that it will not be supported this semester. I wonder if they've thought about just putting it on iTunes U. Really nice that is.

Morgaine

Oct 10, 2011, 12:46:31 AM10/10/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
I tried to do the same thing with ffmpeg, but its rather eclectic commandline foxed me.  For example, concatenating two files using "-i f1.mp4 -i f2.mp4" would generate a file of approximately the right combined size, but when played in mplayer it would exit at the end of the first half.  Apparently the two sets of video time codes aren't being adjusted to be consecutive.

I did find another way of concatenating the videos though, using "mencoder" from the mplayer package.  My commandline is "mencoder -ovc copy -oac faac  part*.mp4  -o combined.mp4".  This operates on the 720p mp4 files captured from Youtube.

I'd appreciate it if you'd tell us your successful ffmpeg commandline. :-)

Morgaine.

Justin Cook

Oct 10, 2011, 5:59:36 AM10/10/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
There are no seeds for the torrent. I did manage to get a a small portion, but all disappeared. If you have this file, can you please share it over torrent for the rest of us?

stanford...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2011, 6:49:03 AM10/10/11
From: http://twitter.com/jasonsalas

@StanfordAIClass several people created a Google Doc for Unit 1 notes: http://t.co/GlZb8DHb

-µ-

Oct 10, 2011, 7:29:17 AM10/10/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
I was about to post/share this one (the Google Doc for Unit 1 notes), good thing someone else already did! Or perhaps synced?

Pseudo

Oct 10, 2011, 2:59:40 PM10/10/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
1. Convert all videos downloaded from youtube using keepvid.com, from mp4 to mpg format:
     ffmpeg -i intro.mp4 -sameq 1.mpg

2. Concatenate all videos together one after the other
     cat 1.mpg 2.mpg 3.mpg 4.mpg 5.mpg 6.mpg 7.mpg 8.mpg 9.mpg 10.mpg 11.mpg 12.mpg 13.mpg 14.mpg 15.mpg > 1week.mpg

3. Reconvert from mpg tp mp4 format:
    ffmpeg -i 1week.mpg -sameq 1week.mp4                       (takes long time and eats up > 4GB of RAM while doing this)

Done!

Thanks for caring to ask! :)

Pseudo

Oct 10, 2011, 3:01:24 PM10/10/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
I will seed between 9 pm to 8 am IST (GMT+0530 hrs)

wale2wale

Oct 10, 2011, 3:17:59 PM10/10/11
to Stanford AI Class
Thanks a bunch.

Pupi

Oct 11, 2011, 5:15:47 AM10/11/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Could you upload to another host, I cannot download by torrent at my place

stanford...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2011, 5:25:32 AM10/11/11
From: http://twitter.com/surayshghimire

@StanfordAIClass I'm also getting problem for unit 2

Stephen Carter

Oct 11, 2011, 12:29:12 PM10/11/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
thepiratebay.com  Same file.

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:15 AM, Pupi <minh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Could you upload to another host, I cannot download by torrent at my place

Stephen N. Carter

Tomasz Konefal

Oct 11, 2011, 1:26:10 PM10/11/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
I think you misunderstood the request. I believe Pupi was asking to share a non-torrent source to fetch the files from. I'd repost the file to http://ge.tt/ or http://www.largedocument.com, but can't get to torrents from behind this proxy either.

Pseudo

Oct 11, 2011, 6:55:28 PM10/11/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
The videos on youtube are small topic-​wise parts, which have been stitched using ffm­peg by me, so peo­ple can down­load and watch them at peace here.

Week 1, Unit 1
Stanford-AI_Class_Week1_Unit1.mp4

::::::ADDED NEW::::::

Week 1, Unit 2
Stanford-AI_Class_1Week_Unit2.mp4.

::::::ADDED NEW::::::

anthonyh3

Oct 11, 2011, 11:06:37 PM10/11/11
to Stanford AI Class

rc0

Oct 12, 2011, 10:20:19 AM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to download the Homework 1 videos?

Davy Meers

Oct 12, 2011, 10:35:12 AM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

maybe not the most convenient but it works:

1) find the Homework vieo urls on youtube, for example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CxjV8H50xfU
2) Use KeepVid to download the youtube video

2011/10/12 rc0 <rc0...@gmail.com>
Is there a way to download the Homework 1 videos?

. luan

Oct 12, 2011, 11:28:49 AM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I know another way to save videos by net. Put that on the url bar from Windows Explorer "C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\"
Replace the <<USER>> for the user name of your computer. Then navigate to the folder "Cache" which contains within a folder with a strange name. And look for the file that will be changing Kbits each time ,i.e. the file being downloaded at the moment. To facilitate, organize files by "Date Modified". That's it. :)

If you think that is too complicated, try KeepVid, KeepHD or Javimoya.

See ya!

2011/10/12 Davy Meers <davy...@gmail.com>

--
Luan Rodrigo R. P. Santos
Graduando em Sistemas de Informação (UFRPE)

Shahab Eslamian

Oct 12, 2011, 12:53:28 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Hi , if anyone has fast internet, would you upload the files from youtube to megaupload.com(or  similar sites)  in a zip or rar file?

Paresh Mathur

Oct 12, 2011, 1:52:02 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
isn't using dropbox public folder good for this? Or are there any bandwidth issue.

Davy Meers

Oct 12, 2011, 1:55:43 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
The videos for homework 1 are available in mp4 format at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KSWL6D4Y (+/- 60MB)
Lower-quality version can be downloaded from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVS4WNK1 (+/-16MB)

For those interested:
i created a playlist on youtube and then used http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm to download the entire playlist.

Regards,
Davy

Pseudo

Oct 12, 2011, 3:01:27 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
The videos on youtube are small topic-wise parts, which have been stitched using ffm­peg by me, so peo­ple can down­load and watch them at peace here.

::::::ADDED NEW::::::

Week 1, Home­Work 1, Ques­tions 1–7
HomeWork1_Ouestions_1-7.mp4

::::::ADDED NEW::::::

Week 1, Unit 2
Stanford-AI_Class_1Week_Unit2.mp4.

Week 1, Unit 1
Stanford-AI_Class_Week1_Unit1.mp4

http://www.sgcanand.com/2011/10/10/stanford-ai_class_consolidated_videos/

Vimal George

Oct 12, 2011, 4:17:41 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
I've spun up a couple of 100mbps seedboxes.
I've yet to acquire a 100% copy; I guess there's too much stress on the sole seeder from Pune, India.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:36 AM, anthonyh3 <anth...@gmail.com> wrote:
Need seeds for the Unit2 torrent.

--
- Vimal George

Vimal George

Oct 12, 2011, 4:29:04 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Dropbox 'Public' should be fine for non-copyrighted content. (Are the lectures and homework copyrighted?)

Mediafire even supports pause and Resume for HTTP downloads, IIRC.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Paresh Mathur <pares...@gmail.com> wrote:
isn't using dropbox public folder good for this? Or are there any bandwidth issue.

--
- Vimal George

N G

Oct 12, 2011, 4:38:13 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Someone please upload videos on Mediafire or 4shared. Since there's a few seeders uploading them on these sites provides us a permanent link to download any unit part anytime (not all units together).

Justin Cook

Oct 12, 2011, 4:45:25 PM10/12/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Excellent work! I wonder how much effort to get these videos on iTunes U? Seems like the perfect place for it.

Stan Schwertly

Oct 16, 2011, 9:27:54 AM10/16/11
to Stanford AI Class
I've got a mirror of units 1 & 2 up at http://stantheman.biz/ai. It'll
be up as long as I have bandwidth to serve it, which is looking good
right now!

On Oct 12, 4:38 pm, N G <narges.gha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone please upload videos on Mediafire or 4shared. Since there's a few
> seeders uploading them on these sites provides us a permanent link to
> download any unit part anytime (not all units together).
>

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Vimal George <vi...@canthack.net> wrote:
> > Dropbox 'Public' should be fine for non-copyrighted content. (Are the
> > lectures and homework copyrighted?)
>
> > Mediafire even supports pause and Resume for HTTP downloads, IIRC.

Alex

Oct 16, 2011, 10:53:37 AM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Perfect! Downloading everything :)

Thank you.

prakash Neupane

Oct 16, 2011, 10:56:52 AM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

keep it up

Vimal George

Oct 16, 2011, 11:01:41 AM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Much appreciated Stan. I guess you have lots of bandwidth/unmetered.
User Pseudo has compiled the videos into a single file (i used that for Unit 2 instead of individual youtube rips)

To all:
Few people without access to bittorrent are finding it hard to download those large files .
I guess they would appreciate it if you could carry it too. (or even serve it out of a Dropbox public folder for the cost of one-time upload bandwidth)

-Cheers from Indian Rural guy stuck on CDMA downlink.

Adam White

Oct 16, 2011, 11:14:50 AM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! i'll make sure to grab those later :)

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 3:56 PM, prakash Neupane <npr...@gmail.com> wrote:
nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

keep it up

Pseudo

Oct 16, 2011, 12:08:26 PM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
I’d request some­one from among the tor­rent leech­ers (who’ve down­loaded the com­plete thing) to take this up! So sorry…

Tushar Sharma

Oct 16, 2011, 12:10:23 PM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
I will upload it to my site, but can't download it :(

1st vid has no seeders, 2nd giving me speed of 30KBps and 3rd also 30KBps.. :(

if someone has the video, please send it to me.

Thank you.
Tushar Sharma

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Pseudo <mugl...@gmail.com> wrote:
I’d request some­one from among the tor­rent leech­ers (who’ve down­loaded the com­plete thing) to take this up! So sorry…

Vimal George

Oct 16, 2011, 12:12:47 PM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Try again.
My server is seeding both successfully.
--
- Vimal George

Tushar Sharma

Oct 16, 2011, 2:18:09 PM10/16/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com

Shahab Eslamian

Oct 18, 2011, 5:41:41 PM10/18/11
to stanford...@googlegroups.com
Homework 1 Answers-> All-In-One (16.63 MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwhpfi1fszj9ijx
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2643290264

Unit 3 : http://www.filesonic.com/file/2641906874

Unit 4:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mnc4j2f88s3hffd
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2641913564

Homework 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?r2f5tt47dwdns2c
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2643292224

they're all 360p and not consolidated. I didn't upload them by the way.