Final presentation: who's on first

Bryan O'Sullivan

Dec 14, 2011, 12:52:19 PM12/14/11
to stanford-1...@googlegroups.com
Here's tomorrow's proposed order of operations, based on who replied and the order in which GMail is showing messages to me. We have 12 speakers in total, so I divided 180 minutes of time into 12 slices of 15 minutes each. This means that you get a time slice proportional to the number of people in your project.

Please allow about 10 minutes to speak, a few minutes to answer questions, and a minute or two for the group after you to wrestle with A/V gear, costumes, disco balls, or whatever props they're using.
  • 12:15: Greg Jones, Alex Mordkovich, "DynaViz: A Haskell Realtime Graphing Library"
  • 12:45: John Hiesey, "I'll come up with a snazzy title ASAP"
  • 13:00: Michael Gummelt, Daniel Sommermann, "Historical Debugging - Debugging without Breakpoints"
  • 13:30: David Fisher, Ashwin Siripurapu, William Rowan, "HaPy: run Haskell functions from Python"
  • 14:15: Greg Horn, "DVDA Verifiably Differentiates Algorithmically"
  • 14:30: Phaedon Sinis, " "HIP: Haskell Image Processing""
  • 14:45: Drew Haven, Eric Strattman, "Web-based Data Analytics in Haskell"
If anyone forgot to respond to my note last week, and finds themselves left off the list above, they'd do well to let us know ASAP.

Ravi Sankar

Dec 14, 2011, 1:05:44 PM12/14/11
to stanford-1...@googlegroups.com, Eugene Perederey, cp...@stanford.edu
Looks like we forgot to respond; sorry about that! Eugene Perederey, Chris Pak, and Ravi Sankar - "Paxos for Replicated Locks"

Sent from my iPhone

Bryan O'Sullivan

Dec 14, 2011, 1:25:27 PM12/14/11
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Ravi Sankar <sanka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looks like we forgot to respond; sorry about that! Eugene Perederey, Chris Pak, and Ravi Sankar - "Paxos for Replicated Locks"

Okay. That means we'll have 12-minute time slices instead of 15. I'll send out an updated schedule late tonight, to give time for any other forgetful people to drink their morning coffee.

Amit Aryeh Levy

Dec 14, 2011, 1:53:31 PM12/14/11
to stanford-1...@googlegroups.com, Eugene Perederey, cp...@stanford.edu
Ah!
Ali and I forgot to send ours as well! Sooo sorry:

Amit Levy & Ali Mashtizadeh - "FriendStar - Extensible websites with
information-flow control"

Sorry sorry sorry!
Amit

Abi Raja

Dec 14, 2011, 3:00:27 PM12/14/11
to stanford-1...@googlegroups.com, Eugene Perederey, cp...@stanford.edu
Just drank my morning coffee (tea, to be accurate).

Abi Raja & Grant Mathews - "GHCi in a new dress"

Thanks,
Abi

Bryan O'Sullivan

Dec 15, 2011, 2:51:44 AM12/15/11
to stanford-1...@googlegroups.com
And the revised schedule:
  • 12:00: Lunch! We will feed you
  • 12:15: Greg Jones, Alex Mordkovich, "DynaViz: A Haskell Realtime Graphing Library"
  • 12:35: John Hiesey, "SafeServe: User-Editable Websites in Haskell"
  • 12:50: Michael Gummelt, Daniel Sommermann, "Historical Debugging - Debugging without Breakpoints"
  • 13:10: BREAK - 5 minutes
  • 13:15: David Fisher, Ashwin Siripurapu, William Rowan, "HaPy: run Haskell functions from Python"
  • 13:35: Greg Horn, "DVDA Verifiably Differentiates Algorithmically"
  • 13:50: Drew Haven, Eric Strattman, "Web-based Data Analytics in Haskell"
  • 14:10: BREAK - 5 minutes
  • 14:15: Phaedon Sinis, "HIP: Haskell Image Processing"
  • 14:30: Eugene Perederey, Chris Pak, and Ravi Sankar, "Paxos for Replicated Locks"
  • 14:50: Amit Levy, Ali Mashtizadeh, "FriendStar - Extensible websites with information-flow control"
See you tomorrow in Gates 104!

Bryan O'Sullivan

Dec 15, 2011, 11:55:36 AM12/15/11
to stanford-1...@googlegroups.com
One last revision:

12:00 LUNCH
12:15 Greg Jones, Alex Mordkovich
DynaViz: A Haskell Realtime Graphing Library
12:33 John Hiesey
SafeServe: User-Editable Websites in Haskell
12:48 Michael Gummelt, Daniel Sommermann
Historical Debugging - Debugging without Breakpoints
13:06
David Fisher, Ashwin Siripurapu, William Rowan
HaPy: run Haskell functions from Python
13:26 Greg Horn DVDA Verifiably Differentiates Algorithmically
13:41 BREAK
13:46 Drew Haven, Eric Strattman
Web-based Data Analytics in Haskell
14:04 Phaedon Sinis HIP: Haskell Image Processing
14:19
Eugene Perederey, Chris Pak, and Ravi Sankar
Paxos for Replicated Locks
14:39 Amit Levy, Ali Mashtizadeh
FriendStar - Extensible websites with information-flow control
14:57 Abi Raja, Grant Mathews
GHCi in a new dress
15:15 END

dm-list-clas...@scs.stanford.edu

Dec 15, 2011, 12:10:34 PM12/15/11
to stanford-1...@googlegroups.com
It's on the web page and in previous email, but just in case anyone
forgot the room number, we are meeting in GATES 104 today. Please
don't go to our regular classroom instead.

See you all soon.
David

At Thu, 15 Dec 2011 08:55:36 -0800,