Criminal Justice Documentary - THE LIFE AND MIND OF MARK DEFRIEST | NYC Premiere Sun 16 Nov

Steve Hall

Nov 13, 2014, 11:38:25 AM11/13/14
to stand...@googlegroups.com

From Deborah Denno:

http://www.docnyc.net/film/the-life-and-mind-of-mark-defriest/#.VGTdFMk2CyB

http://defriest.com/

THE LIFE AND MIND OF MARK DEFRIEST

Showtime: 9:30 PM, Sun Nov 16 | SVA Theatre in NYC

The Director, Gabriel London, is expected to attend

NYC PREMIERE

In 1979, teenager Mark DeFriest received a four-year prison sentence for stealing his own tools. After countless outrageous jailbreak attempts—many humorously recounted here through animated sequences—he’s still incarcerated and will be until 2084. Shortly after his confinement began, Mark’s mental competency was questioned, but the opinion of Dr. Robert Berland, a single dissenting psychiatrist, kept him behind bars. Now, agreeing to re-examine the oddly amiable but troubled Houdini, Dr. Berland may provide the means to finally secure Mark’s freedom.

Official Site: http://www.defriest.com

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/defriestfilm?ref=br_tf

Director: GABRIEL LONDON

Producer: Executive Producers Peter Brusikiewicz, Jim Butterworth, and David Menschel, Producers Daniel Chalfen, Gabriel London, and Charlie Sadoff

Cinematographer: Eric Koretz, William Charles Moss, Andreas Wagner

Editor: Nick Clark

Music: Ronan Coleman

Running Time: 102

Language: English

Country: USA

- - - - -

 Awards + NYC Premiere

Will this be the November to remember for The Life and Mind of Mark DeFriest? So far, so good: last weekend we scored two big wins - best documentary at Lone Star Film Festival and the audience award at Naples International Film Festival. That's major validation and brings a real feeling of momentum going into an important week with our NYC premiere on Sunday - get your tickets! - and Mark's parole hearing next Wednesday, Nov 19th.

Now is the time to spread the word and take action: come to our screenings in New York, Denver and Florida, or invite people you think would dig a wild ride with a purpose! And if you want to take action in Mark's case, visit our website to have your voice heard through varied channels.

The outcome is uncertain, but the audience is watching..! How cool is that after 13 years in development?

 Official Teaser - Just Released

/ / / / /

Steve Hall

The StandDown Texas Project