Gulliver's Travels Typo

Sean McCann

Sep 1, 2021, 2:41:30 PM9/1/21
to Standard Ebooks
I've been reading and enjoying your release of Gulliver's Travels, and I believe I've come across a typo.

I think "seventies" should be "severities" here:
Neither had I so soon learned the grat­it­ude of courtiers, to per­suade my­self, that his majesty’s present sev­en­ties ac­quit­ted me of all past ob­lig­a­tions.

Alex Cabal

Sep 1, 2021, 2:44:04 PM9/1/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, this should be fixed now!
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/54e26ba7-ac18-4802-9ef8-a1afedf151a8n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/54e26ba7-ac18-4802-9ef8-a1afedf151a8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Sean McCann

Sep 3, 2021, 2:54:51 AM9/3/21
to Standard Ebooks
Thank you. I've spotted a missing word on another line.

There should be a "piece" between "a" and "of cafe" here:
I re­mem­ber, a thrush had the con­fid­ence to snatch out of my hand, with his bill, a of cake that Glum­dal­clitch had just giv­en me for my break­fast.

Alex Cabal

Sep 3, 2021, 12:24:15 PM9/3/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, this should be fixed now!

If you're still reading the book, it might save you time to compile
further typos at the end. There could be more!
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/54e26ba7-ac18-4802-9ef8-a1afedf151a8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/54e26ba7-ac18-4802-9ef8-a1afedf151a8n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/711e3d6b-4e19-4602-bc20-6ad4991905cbn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/711e3d6b-4e19-4602-bc20-6ad4991905cbn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Sean McCann

Sep 13, 2021, 5:12:01 AM9/13/21
to Standard Ebooks
I decided to take your advice and wait until I was finished to save us both a bit of time.
Here's a list of corrections for typos and transcription errors I found:

The first project was, to shorten discourse, by cutting polysyllables into one, and leaving out verbs and participles, because, in reality, all things imaginable are but norms.
norms -> nouns
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.272082/page/n206/mode/1up

where there is a narrow strait leading northward into along arm of the sea,
along -> a long
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.272082/page/n244/mode/1up

They sent me own victuals and drink,
own -> down
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.272082/page/n248/mode/1up

And I cannot but observe, that I never had one hours sickness while I stayed in this island.
hours -> hour's
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.272082/page/n259/mode/1up

because a soldier is a Yahoo’ hired to kill,
Yahoo’ -> Yahoo
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.272082/page/n274/mode/1up

but it grew upon me by decrees, much sooner than I imagined
decrees-> degrees

There were also a couple words you might consider modernizing the spelling of (the version on archive modernizes the latter, but not the former):

I heard a noise just over my head, like the clapping of wings, and then began to perceive the woful condition I was in
woful -> woeful
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.272082/page/n159/mode/1up

He offered himself and a friend to accompany me, and that I should be provided with a small convenient bark for the voyage.
bark -> barque
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.272082/page/n217/mode/1up

- Sean McCann

Alex Cabal