[First Project] A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Jen Rogers

Aug 15, 2022, 2:48:22 AM8/15/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
I endeavor to undertake A Little Princess (1905) by Frances Hodgson Burnett as my first SE production, if permissible.

I am at this point acquainted with the SEMoS—I have a couple of minor PRs there. Additionally, there appears to be a graveyard of previous attempts on this work, so I have sifted through the advice dispersed in those threads, hoping to ward off the curse.

The original printing of this book has wonderful illustrations, and although SE discards these in production, there is one that I think would make a charming bespoke cover.

Copyright page:

Please let me know if this plan seems to be in order. I’m looking forward to finally contributing to this platform that I’ve been eagerly following for some time now.

Alex Cabal

Aug 15, 2022, 10:41:54 AM8/15/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
OK! Cover art looks good. It looks like everything's in order. As you
noted this is a cursed production so review previous threads for any
gotchas and email us if you have any questions.

Please send a link to your repo once you get started.Thanks

On 8/14/22 11:45 PM, Jen Rogers wrote:
> I endeavor to undertake /A Little Princess/ (1905) by Frances Hodgson
> Burnett as my first SE production, if permissible.
>
> Transcription: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37332
> <http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37332>
> Scans: https://archive.org/details/littleprincessbe00burn
> <https://archive.org/details/littleprincessbe00burn>
>
> I am at this point acquainted with the SEMoS—I have a couple of minor
> PRs there. Additionally, there appears to be a graveyard of previous
> attempts on this work, so I have sifted through the advice dispersed in
> those threads, hoping to ward off the curse.
>
> The original printing of this book has wonderful illustrations, and
> although SE discards these in production, there is one that I think
> would make a charming bespoke cover.
>
> High-Resolution Scan:
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:A_Little_Princess_djvu-p143.png
> <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:A_Little_Princess_djvu-p143.png>
> Scan in original book:
> https://archive.org/details/littleprincessbe00burn/page/112/
> <https://archive.org/details/littleprincessbe00burn/page/112/mode/2up>
> Copyright page:
> https://archive.org/details/littleprincessbe00burn/page/n9/
> <https://archive.org/details/littleprincessbe00burn/page/n9/>
>
> Please let me know if this plan seems to be in order. I’m looking
> forward to finally contributing to this platform that I’ve been eagerly
> following for some time now.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/etPan.62f9ec32.327b23c6.161%40jenrogers.me
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/etPan.62f9ec32.327b23c6.161%40jenrogers.me?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jen Rogers

Aug 15, 2022, 6:43:10 PM8/15/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Excellent. I’ve pushed my repository to JenRodge/frances-hodgson-burnett_a-little-princess.

Thank you! I will post back when I’m ready for review.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/b5d8d514-4c3d-7a62-7c52-9bf0e1d788f2%40standardebooks.org.