[Next Project] Tarzan 11: Tarzan Lord of the Jungle

Elizabeth Miller-Boldt

Jun 6, 2024, 12:45:19 PMJun 6
to Standard Ebooks
Interested in working with this one next -- Wiki, PG, IA

Looks pretty straight forward on cursory glance -- no front matter or illustrations. For the cover art, I was thinking keeping the first edition cover or the IA cover pending on if I can find good enough scans.

Since it's Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle, should I treat "Lord of the Jungle" as a subtitle or as just part of the main title? I was going to go with "part of the main title" as there are multiple "Tarzan..." books (as opposed to me putting "A Life in the Woods" as a subtitle for Bambi) but if I'm wrong I'm wrong haha.

Alex Cabal

Jun 6, 2024, 1:19:07 PMJun 6
to standar...@googlegroups.com
OK. Please use the PG transcription, we prefer to use PG if we can help it.

You can use the 1st edition cover if you can find a high quality enough
scan. Often you can find them without the title/author. If you can't
then you'll have to photoshop them out.

The title will be "Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle". I don't think that's a
subtitle.

Vince can you manage this with David reviewing?

On 6/6/24 11:45 AM, Elizabeth Miller-Boldt wrote:
> Interested in working with this one next -- Wiki
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan,_Lord_of_the_Jungle_(novel)>, PG
> <https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/72938>, IA
> <https://archive.org/details/tarzan-lord-of-the-jungle/mode/1up>
>
> Looks pretty straight forward on cursory glance -- no front matter or
> illustrations. For the cover art, I was thinking keeping the first
> edition cover or the IA cover pending on if I can find good enough scans.
>
> Since it's /Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle/, should I treat "Lord of the
> Jungle" as a subtitle or as just part of the main title? I was going to
> go with "part of the main title" as there are multiple "Tarzan..." books
> (as opposed to me putting "A Life in the Woods" as a subtitle for Bambi)
> but if I'm wrong I'm wrong haha.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/5e1ec1a5-9533-4512-9124-ab4f0785097dn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/5e1ec1a5-9533-4512-9124-ab4f0785097dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Alex Cabal

Jun 6, 2024, 1:20:23 PMJun 6
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Note that I think the first edition cover is the one on Wikipedia and
not the one on PG. Please confirm that before using.

On 6/6/24 11:45 AM, Elizabeth Miller-Boldt wrote:
> Interested in working with this one next -- Wiki
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan,_Lord_of_the_Jungle_(novel)>, PG
> <https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/72938>, IA
> <https://archive.org/details/tarzan-lord-of-the-jungle/mode/1up>
>
> Looks pretty straight forward on cursory glance -- no front matter or
> illustrations. For the cover art, I was thinking keeping the first
> edition cover or the IA cover pending on if I can find good enough scans.
>
> Since it's /Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle/, should I treat "Lord of the
> Jungle" as a subtitle or as just part of the main title? I was going to
> go with "part of the main title" as there are multiple "Tarzan..." books
> (as opposed to me putting "A Life in the Woods" as a subtitle for Bambi)
> but if I'm wrong I'm wrong haha.

Elizabeth Miller-Boldt

Jun 6, 2024, 1:54:02 PMJun 6
to Standard Ebooks
Aye aye. Will use PG transcription. You are correct, the first edition book cover is on the wikipedia, so I will be looking for that one.

Emma Sweeney

Jun 6, 2024, 8:32:03 PMJun 6
to Standard Ebooks
I found a bigger scan of the dust jacket that could work.

Screenshot from 2024-06-06 20-22-34.png

Emma

David

Jun 7, 2024, 6:38:28 AMJun 7
to Standard Ebooks
Review noted.

D / Fife, UK

Vince Rice

Jun 7, 2024, 10:38:18 AMJun 7
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Will do.

> On Jun 6, 2024, at 12:19 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org> wrote:
>
> OK. Please use the PG transcription, we prefer to use PG if we can help it.

Elizabeth Miller-Boldt

Jun 8, 2024, 8:19:08 AMJun 8
to Standard Ebooks
Thanks for the find, Emma!