Typos in "Riders of the Purple Sage" by Zane Grey

Darryl Sloan

Jun 13, 2024, 11:05:31 AM (13 days ago) Jun 13
to Standard Ebooks

https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/zane-grey/riders-of-the-purple-sage

and head the whinny of a horse - heard

was conscious that his labouring breast made speech difficult - possibly should be breath.

enthralling emotions here the living - punctuation missing after the word emotions, probably a semi-colon.

You have gold, You will be free; you will make her happy. - capital "Y" after comma incorrect. Also, possibly semicolon, not comma.

saying, “’an if you don’t - an’ - apostrophe strangely placed before word.

Regards

Darryl Sloan

Darryl Sloan

Jun 13, 2024, 11:58:11 AM (13 days ago) Jun 13
to Standard Ebooks
Update to the above:

and head the whinny of a horse - heard
Confirmed as "heard" in following text:

was conscious that his laboring breast made speech difficult - possibly should be breath.
Disregard report. Original is correct as "breast", confirmed here:

You have gold, You will be free; you will make her happy. - capital "Y" after comma incorrect. Also, possibly semicolon, not comma.
Lower case y preceded by semi-colon confirmed below:

enthralling emotions here the living - punctuation missing after the word emotions, probably a semi-colon.
semi-colon confirmed here:

saying, “’an if you don’t - an’ - apostrophe strangely placed before word.
Confirmed below:

More typos ...

mechanical incapable of free thought - conmma needed after mechanical.
Confirmed here:

But, Jane I hadn't forgotten - comma needed after Jane.
Confirmed here:

with scorn doubt, suspicion - comma needed after scorn
Confirmer here:

Regards
Darryl Sloan

Alex Cabal

Jun 14, 2024, 3:52:08 PM (12 days ago) Jun 14
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, these should be fixed now!