Typography: closed quotation marks near em-dashes

John Small

Jan 13, 2022, 3:06:28 AMJan 13
to Standard Ebooks
Hi,
Forgive my lack of knowledge on this. I'm getting through the Typography amendments and one is a Regex search for closed quotation marks near em-dashes (of which my text has quite a few).
I am uncertain as to what to replace these with? For example:

“It isn’t that⁠—” began Sheen.

“There are more things in Heaven and Earth⁠—” said Dunstable, wiping his hands.

Can someone give me how the above would be corrected please?

Cheers,

John.

David Grigg

Jan 13, 2022, 3:58:47 AMJan 13
to Standard Ebooks
They don’t need correcting. The regex you mention is to find places where typogrify hasn’t worked correctly, typically after a use of the se brtitish2american command.

John Small

Jan 13, 2022, 6:59:47 AMJan 13
to Standard Ebooks
Thanks David - thought I was missing something obvious as it they looked fine to me!