Error: J. Sheridan Le Fanu, In a Glass Darkly

João Parreira

Jun 9, 2024, 8:10:15 AMJun 9
to standar...@googlegroups.com
https://standardebooks.org/ebooks/j-sheridan-le-fanu/in-a-glass-darkly

Error: with a skance look
Correction: with askance look

Error: in the matter that may not cleared up
Correction: in the matter that may not be cleared up

Error: after a another pause
Correction: after another pause

Error: in its forlorn and deserted state. I can tell
Correction: in its forlorn and deserted state, I can tell

Error: and another word or caution to my servant
Correction: and another word of caution to my servant

Error: accomplice in keeping tryste
Correction: accomplice in keeping tryst

Error: cause célébre
Correction: cause célèbre

Error: You will see, however, by-and-bye
Correction: You will see, however, by-and-by

Error: chesnut wig
Correction: chestnut wig

Error: Lord hear all good prayers for us
Correction: Lord, hear all good prayers for us

Error: Over the sward and low grounds a thin film
Correction: Over the sward and low grounds, a thin film

Error: I perceived now something of langour
Correction: I perceived now something of languor

Error: there was always a langour about her
Correction: there was always a languor about her

Error: This was a bodily langour in which
Correction: This was a bodily languor in which

Error: the young, lady at your right
Correction: the young lady at your right

Error: nothing can happen without his permission, and all will end well for those who love him.
Correction: nothing can happen without His permission, and all will end well for those who love Him.

Error: so soon as were together
Correction: so soon as we were together

Error: anyone connected portion
Correction: any one connected portion

Error: I will explain by-and-bye
Correction: I will explain by-and-by

Error: Would to heaven we had lost her!
Correction: Would to Heaven we had lost her!

Error: This convinced me that, she walked in her sleep.
Correction: This convinced me that she walked in her sleep.

Best regards,
João Parreira

Weijia Cheng

Jun 9, 2024, 12:00:57 PMJun 9
to Standard Ebooks
Thank you for the detailed reports and thorough proofreading. This has been fixed!

João Parreira

Jun 17, 2024, 11:10:04 AM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to Standard Ebooks
Thank *you* for all the work you have done.

I think you might have skipped over one of the corrections.

Error: there was always a langour about her
Correction: there was always a languor about her

Best regards,
João Parreira

David

Jun 17, 2024, 12:11:47 PM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to Standard Ebooks
Got it! It was actually hard to spot. :)

Thanks again for the report, and to Weijia for the earlier fixes.

David / Fife, UK