[First Project] Pan by Knut Hamsun

Courtney Czarnecki

Jan 13, 2022, 3:26:31 PM1/13/22
to Standard Ebooks
Hello,

I would like to propose Pan by Knut Hamsun as a first project. Hamsun's Growth of the Soil is already included in the Standard Ebooks catalog, and I would love to work on one of his other novels.

Word Count: 46,555

Thank you for your consideration.

-Courtney

Alex Cabal

Jan 13, 2022, 4:43:02 PM1/13/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Great, that one would be a good start.

This looks pretty simple except I don't know what to make of "Glahn's
Death" at the end. Is it a subsection of the novel, at the same level as
the chapters? Or is it an appendix? Once you read it you'll get a better
idea of how to categorize it. In any case, its subchapters will start at h3.

Make sure to read the Standard Ebooks Manual of Style before starting,
as you won't know what to fix if you haven't read the standards. In
particular, please closely review the semantics, high level patterns,
and typography sections:

https://standardebooks.org/manual

https://standardebooks.org/manual/latest/4-semantics

https://standardebooks.org/manual/latest/7-high-level-structural-patterns

https://standardebooks.org/manual/latest/8-typography

The step by step guide will take you from start to finish:

https://standardebooks.org/contribute/producing-an-ebook-step-by-step

Please email often if you have any questions at all. Our standards are
well-established so there is probably already a standard for formatting
whatever problem you've encountered.

When you're ready, email back with a link to your Github repository so
that I can mark you as having started.

Have fun! :)

On 1/13/22 3:26 PM, Courtney Czarnecki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to propose /Pan/ by Knut Hamsun as a first project.
> Hamsun's /Growth of the Soil /is already included in the Standard Ebooks
> catalog, and I would love to work on one of his other novels.
>
> Word Count: 46,555
>
> Project Gutenberg: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7214
>
> Scans: https://archive.org/details/pan00hamsgoog/mode/2up
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> -Courtney
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/56e786a5-6156-433f-9a36-709f47619424n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/56e786a5-6156-433f-9a36-709f47619424n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Courtney Czarnecki

Jan 15, 2022, 1:04:48 AM1/15/22
to Standard Ebooks
Hi Alex,

Thanks very much!

Here is the link to my GitHub repository: https://github.com/courtneyczarnecki/knut-hamsun_pan

"Glahn's Death" appears to be an epilogue, and thank you for the guidance about using h3.

-Courtney