[First Project] "The Wind" by Dorothy Scarborough

Lauren Prichard

8:39 PM (3 hours ago) 8:39 PM
to Standard Ebooks
Hi everyone! I'd like to request approval to contribute "The Wind" by Dorothy Scarborough.

It is a 1925 novel (which was adapted into a silent film by the same name) that has almost entirely been forgotten, though it seems to technically be in print through the University of Texas's Barker Texas History Center. I would argue that, despite having faded into obscurity, the novel is still a notable work of literature that deserves to be more widely read. At the very least, I hope that being printed by a university press is enough to justify its inclusion in the Standard Ebooks library.

There isn't any difficult formatting, just a handful of song quotations.

Project Gutenberg has not produced an ebook (one is in progress but no indication when it will be finished), but I already used the above source scans to create an ebook that I posted on archive.org so I'll just use that text: https://archive.org/details/the-wind-dorothy-scarborough/

For the sake of transparency, this will likely be my only project—I am passionate about expanding access to this novel specifically, but don't necessarily see myself creating additional ebooks. Hopefully that isn't a problem. I may need some help with the technical side of things since the SE process seems a bit complicated.

Please let me know if this is an acceptable project!