[Next Project] Henry IV, Part 2 by William Shakespeare

Emma Sweeney

Jun 20, 2021, 11:02:07 PM6/20/21
to Standard Ebooks
I found this painting of Falstaff for the cover:
cover1.jpg

Emma

Alex Cabal

Jun 21, 2021, 12:33:54 PM6/21/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Great!

On 6/20/21 10:02 PM, Emma Sweeney wrote:
> I found this painting of Falstaff for the cover:
> cover1.jpg
> CC0 proof
> <https://dams.birminghammuseums.org.uk/asset-bank/action/viewAsset?id=7376&index=0&total=4&view=viewSearchItem>
>

> Emma
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0444fb63-4640-4481-a20c-7547fd910630n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0444fb63-4640-4481-a20c-7547fd910630n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Emma Sweeney

Jun 27, 2021, 11:26:28 PM6/27/21
to Standard Ebooks
Henry IV, Part II by William Shakespeare is ready for review.

Notes:
  • Unlike Part 1, there are an "Induction" and Epilogue.
  • There is a letter in Act 2 Scene 2, but the styling was crushed within the column space. I did a little finagling (in the footer) to making it look nicer on small and big screens.
  • I forgot to mention this in Part 1. There is collection metadata to include Parts 1 and 2 in a set, like with Henry VI.

Emma

Alex Cabal

Jun 28, 2021, 10:04:20 PM6/28/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Bruce can you review this?

On 6/27/21 10:26 PM, Emma Sweeney wrote:
> Henry IV, Part II by William Shakespeare is ready for review.
> repository link:
> https://github.com/EmmaSweeney/william-shakespeare_henry-iv-part-ii
> <https://github.com/EmmaSweeney/william-shakespeare_henry-iv-part-ii>
> page scans:
> https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015081459466&view=1up&seq=144&skin=2021
> <https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015081459466&view=1up&seq=144&skin=2021>
>
> Notes:
>
> * Unlike Part 1, there are an "Induction" and Epilogue.
> * There is a letter in Act 2 Scene 2, but the styling was crushed
> within the column space. I did a little finagling (in the footer) to
> making it look nicer on small and big screens.
> * I forgot to mention this in Part 1. There is collection metadata to
> include Parts 1 and 2 in a set, like with Henry VI.
>

> Emma
> On Monday, June 21, 2021 at 12:33:54 PM UTC-4 Alex Cabal wrote:
>
> Great!
>
> On 6/20/21 10:02 PM, Emma Sweeney wrote:
> > I found this painting of Falstaff for the cover:
> > cover1.jpg
> > CC0 proof
> >
> <https://dams.birminghammuseums.org.uk/asset-bank/action/viewAsset?id=7376&index=0&total=4&view=viewSearchItem
> <https://dams.birminghammuseums.org.uk/asset-bank/action/viewAsset?id=7376&index=0&total=4&view=viewSearchItem>>
>

> > Emma
> >
> > --
> send
> > an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com
> > <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0444fb63-4640-4481-a20c-7547fd910630n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0444fb63-4640-4481-a20c-7547fd910630n%40googlegroups.com>
>

> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0444fb63-4640-4481-a20c-7547fd910630n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0444fb63-4640-4481-a20c-7547fd910630n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/a9489596-d994-4375-a844-3bffdbcc8395n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/a9489596-d994-4375-a844-3bffdbcc8395n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

Jun 29, 2021, 9:39:39 AM6/29/21
to Standard Ebooks
Sure. I will take a look later in the day.

Bruce
_________

Guadeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/12aa5048-39b9-42c5-9f9e-910d5a38f882%40standardebooks.org.

B Keith

Jun 30, 2021, 11:43:28 AM6/30/21
to Standard Ebooks
A few tiny things noted in the issues. Sorry I didn't get to it yesterday but it was 38° (100F for you yanks) in a city that thinks 22°(71F) is too hot. I was hiding out in the basement :-)

_________

Guadeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/a9489596-d994-4375-a844-3bffdbcc8395n%40googlegroups.com.

Emma Sweeney

Jun 30, 2021, 9:02:21 PM6/30/21
to Standard Ebooks
Thanks for the review! It's going to take me a day or two to finish this because of computer problems. Hopefully it won't take very long to fix.

Emma

Emma Sweeney

Jul 4, 2021, 9:56:18 PM7/4/21
to Standard Ebooks
Sorry for the delay. I've fixed the issues.

Emma

B Keith

Jul 4, 2021, 10:36:52 PM7/4/21
to Standard Ebooks
Looks good. Should be good to go Alex

Bruce

_________

Guadeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus

Alex Cabal

Jul 5, 2021, 1:45:40 PM7/5/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Great, I've gone ahead and released it. Thanks!

Note that I've updated the collection metadata for this set of plays.
I've grouped the 8 of them as the Henriad, and then also grouped them as
Shakespear's first and second tetralogies. I also added more detailed
alternate-title data to facilitate searching. When you work on Richard
III, take a look at those updates to incorporate them into that
production. Thanks!