American Tragedy

Vince

May 25, 2021, 5:59:52 PM5/25/21
to Standard Ebooks
There are many these days, but this refers to Theodore Dreiser’s novel: I’m going to work on it next. Our wanted page points to the PG Australia transcription; there’s one in progress at PGDP, but I’ll use the Australia one unless PGDP gets finished in the next few days (it doesn’t look like it from the status).

Vince

Jun 1, 2021, 12:26:55 AM6/1/21
to Standard Ebooks
David asked last year if we should modernize “worth while” and the response was no, we would need to look at the corpus before doing so. I assume this is still the case, i.e. we should leave it alone? (500’ish occurrences in the corpus, although I’m a few books behind.)

Alex Cabal

Jun 2, 2021, 1:26:45 PM6/2/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Let's leave it alone for now

Vince

Jun 5, 2021, 7:29:15 PM6/5/21
to Standard Ebooks
The titular tragedy takes place on a NY lake. This is a NY lake; it’s not exactly the right time period, but the figures are small enough I don’t think it matters. (The tragedy also involves a canoe, so having the figure is a nice extra.) PD proof here.

Or, if you don’t like that one, there's this one, without any figures. PD proof here.

Alex Cabal

Jun 6, 2021, 4:55:45 PM6/6/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
The first one looks good, thanks!

On 6/5/21 6:28 PM, Vince wrote:
> The titular tragedy takes place on a NY lake. This is a NY lake; it’s
> not exactly the right time period, but the figures are small enough I
> don’t think it matters. (The tragedy also involves a canoe, so having
> the figure is a nice extra.) PD proof here
> <https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/11314?searchField=All&amp;sortBy=Relevance&amp;what=Paintings&amp;ao=on&amp;showOnly=openAccess&amp;ft=lake&amp;offset=0&amp;rpp=80&amp;pos=11>.
>
> Or, if you don’t like that one, there's this one, without any figures.
> PD proof here
> <https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/18447?searchField=All&amp;sortBy=Relevance&amp;what=Paintings&amp;ao=on&amp;showOnly=openAccess&amp;ft=lake&amp;offset=0&amp;rpp=80&amp;pos=4>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/E69B0A04-01E2-49D9-B548-8064FEDB8EE9%40letterboxes.org
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/E69B0A04-01E2-49D9-B548-8064FEDB8EE9%40letterboxes.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Vince

Jun 15, 2021, 10:05:33 PM6/15/21
to Standard Ebooks
I believe An American Tragedy is ready for review.

Alex Cabal

Jun 16, 2021, 3:09:48 PM6/16/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Looks very good, great work. I've gone ahead and released it. Thanks!

On 6/15/21 9:05 PM, Vince wrote:
> I believe An American Tragedy
> <https://github.com/vr8hub/theodore-dreiser_an-american-tragedy> is
> ready for review.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/D1674289-0C15-4BA4-B1EB-447020B8558C%40letterboxes.org
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/D1674289-0C15-4BA4-B1EB-447020B8558C%40letterboxes.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Vince

Jun 16, 2021, 3:28:13 PM6/16/21
to Standard Ebooks
Thanks. So sorry, I just noticed the “only concern is keep up” in the long description should be “only concern is to keep up” (needs “to”). I can do a PR, but not until this evening.

Alex Cabal

Jun 16, 2021, 3:30:22 PM6/16/21
to standar...@googlegroups.com
OK, fixed!