[Next project] Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe

Mike Colagrosso

May 8, 2022, 8:21:51 PMMay 8
to Standard Ebooks
The wanted list has this one under moderate-difficulty, and it's #30 in the BBC 2015 collection.

Transcription: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/370
Scans: fortunesmisfortu0007defo, continued in fortunesmisfortu0008defo

Alex Cabal

May 8, 2022, 9:06:33 PMMay 8
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Sure! Since there are no chapter breaks this one will be all in one
file. See Father Goriot or The Path to Rome for examples. Defoe is old
enough where there may be a lot of old-timey spelling that
modernize-spelling won't catch. It would be helpful to put together a
list of any potential modernizations to share with us as you go along.

Send me a link to your repo when you get started. Thanks!

On 5/8/22 7:21 PM, Mike Colagrosso wrote:
> The wanted list has this one under moderate-difficulty, and it's #30 in
> the BBC 2015 collection.
>
> Transcription: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/370
> <https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/370>
> Scans: fortunesmisfortu0007defo
> <https://archive.org/details/fortunesmisfortu0007defo>, continued in
> fortunesmisfortu0008defo
> <https://archive.org/details/fortunesmisfortu0008defo>
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/915f13a8-16a2-43cb-917f-e4f1139f2523n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/915f13a8-16a2-43cb-917f-e4f1139f2523n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Mike Colagrosso

Aug 14, 2022, 10:47:02 PMAug 14
to Standard Ebooks
I'm still working on this. Here's my repository so far: https://github.com/colagrosso/daniel-defoe_moll-flanders

Thanks for the suggestion on modernize-spelling. I'll keep that in mind.

Alex Cabal

Aug 15, 2022, 10:35:32 AMAug 15
to standar...@googlegroups.com

Vince Rice

Aug 15, 2022, 11:00:14 AMAug 15
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Sure.

> On Aug 15, 2022, at 9:35 AM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org> wrote:
>
> Vince, can you manage this with Bruce reviewing?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0bfcbc8f-1c99-64cf-14ce-2519e05a50f7%40standardebooks.org.

Mike Colagrosso

Aug 15, 2022, 1:13:40 PMAug 15
to Standard Ebooks
Thanks, everyone, for the support so far. I'm still working on this, and I'll ping the thread when I think it's ready for review. Any early feedback is of course welcome.

B Keith

Aug 15, 2022, 3:07:40 PMAug 15
to Standard Ebooks
I can do that

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/0bfcbc8f-1c99-64cf-14ce-2519e05a50f7%40standardebooks.org.

mqja...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2022, 9:40:03 PMAug 20
to Standard Ebooks
If you don't have a cover image yet, I thought this one was pretty fitting: https://www.artic.edu/artworks/94840/young-woman-at-an-open-half-door. Was considering producing this book myself at one point way back, so I'm glad someone's tackling it!