Public Domain 2023

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 7:56:53 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
It's about that time of year to start planning to privately start
producing books that will be US-PD in 2023, so that we can have them
ready for release on Jan 1, 2023.

There's a lot of good material coming up. If you'd like to take a stab
at any of these, let me now so we can mark them off.

We'll need to see if they have transcriptions somewhere, and then if
there are page scans. Internet Archive may have page scans behind a
rental lock which is fine for now since they'll be unlocked at the new year.

Here's a big list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1927_in_literature

Here are some highlights:

The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, the last Holmes short story
collection:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)

Allan and the Ice-Gods, the last Allan Quatermain story. Looks like it
might have a ready-made cover too. By sheer coincidence I actually have
a copy of the 1st edition on my bookshelf!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_and_the_Ice-gods

The Bridge of San Luis Rey, Pulitzer winner for 1928:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_of_San_Luis_Rey

To the Lighthouse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_the_Lighthouse

Death Comes for the Archbishop:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Comes_for_the_Archbishop

The Big Four, a Poirot novel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Four_(novel)

Unnatural Death, Lord Peter Wimsey #3:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unnatural_Death_(novel)

Men Without Women, to be added to the Hemingway short fiction
collection:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Without_Women_(short_story_collection)

The Tower Treasure, the first Hardy Boys collection:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tower_Treasure

The House on the Cliff, Hardy Boys #2: The House on the Cliff

The Secret of the Old Mill, Hardy Boys #2:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Old_Mill

Mosquitos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquitoes_(novel)

Elmer Gantry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Gantry

Sir Percy Hits Back, Scarlet Pimpernel #9
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Percy_Hits_Back

Oil! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil!

Vince

Oct 11, 2022, 8:02:42 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
I would like The Bridge of San Luis Rey. And the Sir Percy, of course.

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 8:07:29 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Great. San Luis Rey is also on the Modern Library 100 list.

On 10/11/22 7:02 PM, Vince wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> The Secret of the Old Mill, Hardy Boys #2:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Old_Mill
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Old_Mill>
>>
>> Mosquitos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquitoes_(novel)
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquitoes_(novel)>
>>
>> Elmer Gantry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Gantry
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Gantry>
>>
>> Sir Percy Hits Back, Scarlet Pimpernel #9
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Percy_Hits_Back
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Percy_Hits_Back>
>>
>> Oil! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil>!
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Marshall Clow

Oct 11, 2022, 8:32:36 PM10/11/22
On Oct 11, 2022, at 4:56 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org> wrote:

The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, the last Holmes short story collection: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)

I think this would be a fun one…

— Marshall

B Keith

Oct 11, 2022, 8:33:54 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
I’ll put my name in for Elmer Gantry and Leslie says she’d like to do To the Lighthouse. We ill probably finish them up over the Xmas break so they could be ready for the 1s of January

Bruce

_________

Gaudeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/89133ab7-e5f1-f511-1356-d551117dbfa5%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 8:37:10 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
OK great. For all of these make sure you can find transcriptions and
page scans early on. That was a problem in previous years, for example
Peter Wimsey #2 never got done because we couldn't find either. Same
with John Dos Passos.

On 10/11/22 7:33 PM, B Keith wrote:
> I’ll put my name in for Elmer Gantry and Leslie says she’d like to do To
> the Lighthouse. We ill probably finish them up over the Xmas break so
> they could be ready for the 1s of January
>
> Bruce
>
> _________
>
> Gaudeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus
>

>> On Oct 11, 2022, at 6:07 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org
>> <mailto:al...@standardebooks.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Great. San Luis Rey is also on the Modern Library 100 list.
>>
>> On 10/11/22 7:02 PM, Vince wrote:
>>> I would like /The Bridge of San Luis Rey/. And the Sir Percy, of course.

>>> <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com
>>> <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com>>.
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/89133ab7-e5f1-f511-1356-d551117dbfa5%40standardebooks.org <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/89133ab7-e5f1-f511-1356-d551117dbfa5%40standardebooks.org>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/9B13D1CB-25AC-4183-A6BA-4E585956A1C2%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/9B13D1CB-25AC-4183-A6BA-4E585956A1C2%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Vince

Oct 11, 2022, 8:48:13 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
IA already has a publicly available scan of San Luis Rey. I haven’t found a transcription yet, but worst case I’ll use the scans.

Gutenberg Australia has a transcription of Sir Percy Hits Back. I used them for a couple of other ones already. IA has a 1950 scan, but from the copyright page it looks like it might be OK to be PD next year. Google appears to have several 1927 copies, but of course they can’t be seen (or even searched) until after 1/1.

I still don’t see any scans of last year's Sayers.

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 8:49:24 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that copyright page works

On 10/11/22 7:48 PM, Vince wrote:
> IA already has a publicly available scan of /San Luis Rey. /I haven’t
> found a transcription yet, but worst case I’ll use the scans.
>
> Gutenberg Australia has a transcription of /Sir Percy Hits Back/. I used
> them for a couple of other ones already. IA has a 1950 scan, but from
> the copyright page it looks like it might be OK to be PD next year.
> Google appears to have several 1927 copies, but of course they can’t be
> seen (or even searched) until after 1/1.
>

> I /still/ don’t see any scans of last year's Sayers.
>
>> On Oct 11, 2022, at 7:37 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org
>> <mailto:al...@standardebooks.org>> wrote:
>>
>> OK great. For all of these make sure you can find transcriptions and
>> page scans early on. That was a problem in previous years, for example
>> Peter Wimsey #2 never got done because we couldn't find either. Same
>> with John Dos Passos.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/4FB7FD39-ED6F-47C5-9D81-D73B6DBE7755%40letterboxes.org <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/4FB7FD39-ED6F-47C5-9D81-D73B6DBE7755%40letterboxes.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

B Keith

Oct 11, 2022, 8:51:42 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
Gutenberg AU has both transcriptions. I haven’t looked for scans yet but I can’t imagine that will be too hard.

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/fb5b2cd7-ccdd-06a3-c0f8-38ba470bb82a%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 8:56:25 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to claim The Big Four since I missed out on the last PD Poirot.

On 10/11/22 7:02 PM, Vince wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> The House on the Cliff, Hardy Boys #2: The House on the Cliff
>>
>> The Secret of the Old Mill, Hardy Boys #2:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Old_Mill
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Old_Mill>
>>
>> Mosquitos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquitoes_(novel)
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquitoes_(novel)>
>>
>> Elmer Gantry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Gantry
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Gantry>
>>
>> Sir Percy Hits Back, Scarlet Pimpernel #9
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Percy_Hits_Back
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil>!
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/14454826-8FAC-4177-8FEA-C98C02EE06EA%40letterboxes.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David Grigg

Oct 11, 2022, 9:10:02 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
I’ll take the Dorothy L. Sayers Unatural Death if no one else has claimed it.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/92a7eaba-4bae-6b47-f12b-22d70da9d2df%40standardebooks.org.

Vince

Oct 11, 2022, 9:12:35 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
Sorry! Well, not too sorry; Roger Ackroyd is my favorite of hers with And Then There Were None…, and one of my favorite books, period.

Marshall Clow

Oct 11, 2022, 9:54:59 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
Gutenberg Au has transcription: https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100291.txt

Internet Archive has scans, but they’re newer

Nothing on Gutenberg.org

— Marshall

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 9:56:29 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Typically we reserve PD year productions for established
producers, because they have to work in private. So we wouldn't be able
to be of much help for someone who hasn't worked on an ebook before.

On 10/11/22 8:54 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2022, at 5:32 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow...@gmail.com
> <mailto:mclow...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2022, at 4:56 PM, Alex Cabal <al...@standardebooks.org
>> <mailto:al...@standardebooks.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, the last Holmes short story
>>> collection:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)>
> Nothing on Gutenberg.org <http://Gutenberg.org>
>
> — Marshall
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David Grigg

Oct 11, 2022, 10:37:53 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
Looks as though Unnatural Death is going to be out of bounds, too. According to this 1987 edition, the copyright was renewed in 1955:

Screenshot 2022-10-12 13-35-50.png

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 10:39:01 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
That doesn't matter, it was published in 1927 therefore it will be US-PD
in 2023. That number takes renewals into account

On 10/11/22 9:37 PM, David Grigg wrote:
> Looks as though /Unnatural Death /is going to be out of bounds, too.
> According to this 1987 edition, the copyright was /renewed/ in 1955:
>
> Screenshot 2022-10-12 13-35-50.png
>
> On Wednesday, 12 October 2022 at 12:56:29 UTC+11 Alex Cabal wrote:
>
> Thanks! Typically we reserve PD year productions for established
> producers, because they have to work in private. So we wouldn't be able
> to be of much help for someone who hasn't worked on an ebook before.
>
> On 10/11/22 8:54 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> > On Oct 11, 2022, at 5:32 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:mclow...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> collection:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)>>
> >>
> >> I think this would be a fun one…
> >
> > Gutenberg Au has transcription:
> > https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100291.txt
> <https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100291.txt>
> > <https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100291.txt
> <https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100291.txt>>
> >
> > Internet Archive has scans, but they’re newer
> >
> https://archive.org/search.php?query=Casebook+Sherlock+holmes&sin=
> <https://archive.org/search.php?query=Casebook+Sherlock+holmes&sin=>
> >
> <https://archive.org/search.php?query=Casebook+Sherlock+holmes&sin=
> <https://archive.org/search.php?query=Casebook+Sherlock+holmes&sin=>>
> >
> > Nothing on Gutenberg.org <http://Gutenberg.org
> <http://Gutenberg.org>>
> >
> > — Marshall
> >

> > --
> send
> > an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com
> > <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

David Grigg

Oct 11, 2022, 10:42:55 PM10/11/22
to Standard Ebooks
Alex: Great.

Would the Perennial Edition be OK for page scans, then? https://archive.org/details/unnaturaldeath00saye_0

Would you consider me transcribing it from that edition?

Alex Cabal

Oct 11, 2022, 10:43:52 PM10/11/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there's a 1927 copyright date so that works.

On 10/11/22 9:42 PM, David Grigg wrote:
> [...]
> > producers, because they have to work in private. So we wouldn't
> be able
> > to be of much help for someone who hasn't worked on an ebook before.
> >
> > On 10/11/22 8:54 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:

> collection:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_of_Sherlock_Holmes#The_Case-Book_of_Sherlock_Holmes_(1927)>>>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/631D1A3F-A8C2-4703-84CF-02B5F275DDDC%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>>.
> >
> > --
> send
> > an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com
> > <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/c321fd6b-9dfa-4487-9694-0a448102372dn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/c321fd6b-9dfa-4487-9694-0a448102372dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

C T

Oct 12, 2022, 10:40:21 AM10/12/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Aw dang Elmer Gantry already snapped up.

I'd love to do the Hardy Boys books if they're still available.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/4055fc04-8fb0-da42-a773-b496ba7d92ff%40standardebooks.org.

Alex Cabal

Oct 12, 2022, 10:55:49 AM10/12/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Sure!
> [...]
> >      > --
> >      > You received this message because you are subscribed to
> the Google
> >      > Groups "Standard Ebooks" group.
> >      > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
> from it,
> >     send
> >      > an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com>
> >      > <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com>>.
> >      > To view this discussion on the web visit
> >      >
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/ba411ed2-18b7-4938-8490-652f0881f0ben%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>>.
> >
> > --
> send
> > an email to standardebook...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:standardebooks%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:standardebook...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:standardebooks%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/c321fd6b-9dfa-4487-9694-0a448102372dn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/c321fd6b-9dfa-4487-9694-0a448102372dn%40googlegroups.com> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/c321fd6b-9dfa-4487-9694-0a448102372dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/c321fd6b-9dfa-4487-9694-0a448102372dn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/4055fc04-8fb0-da42-a773-b496ba7d92ff%40standardebooks.org <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/4055fc04-8fb0-da42-a773-b496ba7d92ff%40standardebooks.org>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/CAN6PGGUvpFUYv5Q%3DaeocrOUP0M7Lcq0GWs%3DOjiEwScbLp39rPg%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/CAN6PGGUvpFUYv5Q%3DaeocrOUP0M7Lcq0GWs%3DOjiEwScbLp39rPg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

maticstric

Oct 12, 2022, 11:22:28 AM10/12/22
to Standard Ebooks
I'll add the stories to the Hemingway collection.

I'll look through the existing transcriptions but I'm guessing the fadedpage one will do fine: https://www.fadedpage.com/showbook.php?pid=20160117

Alex Cabal

Oct 12, 2022, 12:09:57 PM10/12/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Just make sure to confirm that the transcription is the same as the PD
scans you find.

Also, don't open a PR for this until Jan 1. Since it's copyrighted until
then you have to work on it in private.