Bambi: A Life In The Woods?

Loona The Goth Hellhound aka humptydumptyman5

Jan 10, 2022, 11:28:15 AM1/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
Bambi by Felix Salten is now in the Public Domain in the USA. However if the book is getting added, do we have to translate it ourselves? Just asking..

Alex Cabal

Jan 10, 2022, 11:29:32 AM1/10/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com
That's right, we need a public domain English translation to host but as
far as I know there isn't one for Bambi. So someone would have to do it
themselves and dedicate it to the public domain with a CC0 license.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/59c3c289-2e69-4035-9a23-bafdc381758en%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/standardebooks/59c3c289-2e69-4035-9a23-bafdc381758en%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Loona The Goth Hellhound aka humptydumptyman5

Jan 10, 2022, 11:32:59 AM1/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
I suggest we cause use the FadedPage original German version and any anyone who can translate the German could make a open source translation. https://www.fadedpage.com/showbook.php?pid=20190921

Using Google Translate or any online Translator can also be used, but it’s unknown how accurate they are.

Alex Cabal

Jan 10, 2022, 11:33:50 AM1/10/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com

Loona The Goth Hellhound aka humptydumptyman5

Jan 10, 2022, 11:35:08 AM1/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
I see, I’ll think about translating the text to english soon… although the English version from 1928 is still under copyright. I’ll get back to you guys when I’m done..

Loona The Goth Hellhound aka humptydumptyman5

Jan 10, 2022, 11:38:37 AM1/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
I’ll use a online translator called DeepL to help translate the FadedPage version to English, I’ll let everyone know when it’s done.. although it will take a long time, due to character  shortage.

Alex Cabal

Jan 10, 2022, 11:39:34 AM1/10/22
to standar...@googlegroups.com

Loona The Goth Hellhound aka humptydumptyman5

Jan 10, 2022, 11:40:28 AM1/10/22
to Standard Ebooks
Okay, I’ll try to get a friend i know to translate it, I’ll let everyone know once i get to them.