The Devil's Pool

Vince

Aug 14, 2022, 6:47:57 PMAug 14
to Standard Ebooks
As I’m working my way through Maupassant transcription errors and waiting for some more translation info, I need something small for a change. How about George Sands’ The Devil’s Pool? Published as a novel, it is right at our 40K cutoff.

There are a two different translations on PG; I’ll do some looking around and see what I can find out about them.

I would like to use this for the cover art; the painting is supposed to have been inspired by the novel. There’s plenty of PD proof, but most of the scans are abysmal. This one is good enough, I hope.

Alex Cabal

Aug 14, 2022, 8:50:49 PMAug 14
to standar...@googlegroups.com
Looks good, thanks!