Ordinal regression models with random effects

282 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Michael Ratajczak

ulæst,
27. apr. 2017, 14.04.1327.04.2017
til Stan users mailing list
Hi,

Is there any way to include random effects in ordinal regression models fitted using rstanarm? stan_polr doesn't seem to have this capability -- is this something that may be added in the future?

Thanks,
Michael

Bob Carpenter

ulæst,
28. apr. 2017, 13.20.0228.04.2017
til stan-...@googlegroups.com
I'm just calling out RStanArm in the title. I don't know
all the models it can fit, but Ben and Jonah will.

- Bob
> --

Paul Buerkner

ulæst,
30. apr. 2017, 13.49.4530.04.2017
til Stan users mailing list
As far as I know, rstanarm does currently not support random effects in ordinal models. but the brms package, which is also based on Stan, offers this feature.

Andrew Gelman

ulæst,
30. apr. 2017, 16.03.5430.04.2017
til stan-...@googlegroups.com
I thought rstanarm did allow ordered logit with varying intercepts and slopes using lmer4-style notation.  But maybe Ben and Jonah haven't put this in yet, I'm not sure.

Michael Ratajczak

ulæst,
1. maj 2017, 08.42.4601.05.2017
til Stan users mailing list, gel...@stat.columbia.edu
Hi Paul and Andrew,

Thank you for your replies.

Paul: I am aware of the brms package, but I prefer rstanarm because it is faster. Also, I have many predictors and I would like to fit the model using the R-squared prior.

Andrew: I think stan_polr is the only modelling function in rstanarm that models an ordinal response; when I try to vary the intercepts for each participant using lme4-style notation, the following error message appears:

Error: Constant variable(s) found: 1 | Subject

Michael

Michael Ratajczak

ulæst,
2. jun. 2017, 18.29.0202.06.2017
til Stan users mailing list
I am wondering, are there plans for incorporating random effects in the stan_polr function in the future? Or for creating an additional function allowing for random effects in ordinal regression models?

Andrew Gelman

ulæst,
2. jun. 2017, 18.51.4502.06.2017
til stan-...@googlegroups.com, Ben Goodrich, Jonah Sol Gabry
There is definitely a plan to do this.  It might be there already, actually.
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye opslag