I'd like to get 2.1.0 out the door ASAP because of
the bug in variance estimation in 2.0.1.
I believe CmdStan 2.1.0 is all ready to go (Daniel, is that right?).
I'd like to get a 2.1.0 release of RStan/PyStan out ASAP,
even if it means holding off some important features until
2.1.0.1. Is there an estimate of how long this will take and
whether it's feasible?
Andrew wanted to delay announcing the bug to the users because
we don't have 2.1.0 ready. Everyone seemed to think we should announce
2.1.0 for all platforms at the same time.
This is making me very uneasy and I don't think it's fair to our
users. If we can't get PyStan and RStan 2.1.0 out soon, my own preference
is to announce the bug with an example, release CmdStan 2.1.0, and tell
users to stop using Stan until 2.1.0 comes out or to go back to 1.3.0,
which didn't have this bug.
Sorry the timing is so bad w.r.t. the holidays. This wouldn't be
so urgent if we hadn't found the critical bug in the sampler in
2.0.1.
- Bob
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "stan development mailing list" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to stan-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
I'd like to get 2.1.0 out the door ASAP because of
the bug in variance estimation in 2.0.1.
I believe CmdStan 2.1.0 is all ready to go (Daniel, is that right?).
error: src refspec remotes/origin/release/v2.1.0 matches more than one.
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://github.com/stan-dev/rstan.git'
git cherry-pick 063abbd
Thanks. I will take care of it. I think it just takes a bit more than building the rstan pkg for the releasing.
--
Jiqiang