Downgrade Image, Channels dropping out

Dave

Nov 17, 2014, 2:01:12 PM11/17/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I accidentally updated my set-top box to the latest version yesterday to 0.2.18 and since i having channels cutting out to black screen randomly.
I use the method of HTTP to deliver streams.This is not isolated, i have had feedback from lots of other clients with the same issue. It was fine before the update, is there away to revert back.

pezehk pezeh

Nov 17, 2014, 3:55:44 PM11/17/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
having the same problem here.. causing loads of problems and unhappy customers

bil

Nov 18, 2014, 5:09:58 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
hi

same probleme index.m3u8 from flussonic media serveur last update problem ?

Dave

Nov 18, 2014, 5:14:31 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Yea, confirmed from 3 other suppliers i work along side with.

Wowza .m3u8 links all dropping randomly.

Not good. I hope to get a reply from support asap as we thousands of units out and over the past 2 days more and more complaints coming in.

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Nov 18, 2014, 5:23:06 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Contact support sup...@infomir.eu and describe the problem.
Debug from STB and link on the stream may help.

Dave

Nov 18, 2014, 5:43:22 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Already in contact with support now thanks.

Just to let you know, any box on the previous image is fine. Is only affecting box's with the latest update.

pezehk pezeh

Nov 18, 2014, 5:50:01 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
it looks like the new release doesnt support hls.. rtmp seem to be fine.. im gettin calls all over from unhappy clients.. when do you think a new version will be out?

Aleksey Zhurbitsky

Nov 18, 2014, 5:53:47 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
it looks like the new release doesnt support hls
We are watching HLS channel from Wowza right now on 0.2.18-r8 and don't see any problems.

Steve

Nov 18, 2014, 7:07:27 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here!!!  Loads of unhappy customers!!!

Only STB's with the update 0.2.18-r8-254  seem to be affected!

All other STB's are running fine.

Got the auto update feature set on our last set of STB's which have updated to r8!

I've been in touch with infomir tech support for a couple of days and they seem to be in denial of a problem existing! They state that ALL previous versions are obsolete and not available for public release!

They need to issue a update firmware  fix or offer instructions on a box fix!

I've tried to reload the 0.2.18.r3 image update but it won't load as I think R8 will only accept NEW updates?

:-(

Snoopy

Nov 18, 2014, 7:36:31 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Infomir are not accepting there is a problem. It NEEDS to be sorted soon as we have tested and proved that the problem IS with the 0.2.18-r8 firmware as earlier versions work fine. This will not go away and is going to cause major problems if not corrected soon!
Get your tech guys on it Infomir!

bil

Nov 18, 2014, 7:56:12 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
yes i confirme old firmware work fine only 0.2.18-r8 have problem all constumer get this update 14/11 have this issue

Dave

Nov 18, 2014, 9:54:11 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I have been discussing this with support all afternoon and they acknowledged the issue now. I have given them a sample stream to debug to see what the issue is.
Hopefully we have a resolution soon, in the mean time, i have found that rtmp works fine so i may change all mine until we get this fixed,

Steve

Nov 18, 2014, 11:00:55 AM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Dave, That is positive news! Thanx!

I have also just had an update from infomir support who say that they have identified a problem and are talking to their developers to investigate & rectify the issue!

Let's hope that a rectified update is available quickly that works for everyone and continues to improve the service & quality for everyone!

Get your tech guys on it Infomir!On Tuesday, 18 November 2014 11:23:06 UTC+1, Aleksey Zhurbitsky wrote:

Contact support sup...@infomir.eu and describe the problem.

bil

Nov 18, 2014, 12:58:10 PM11/18/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Good news hope get update soon thx

bil

Nov 19, 2014, 4:38:39 AM11/19/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Any news ?
Message has been deleted

Snoopy

Nov 19, 2014, 2:44:23 PM11/19/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Seems comments are deleted if they don't say the right thing about this!

Dave

Nov 19, 2014, 3:00:11 PM11/19/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
They are working on it now, they have a fix but not sure when they are going to release the update yet.

Sooner the better

Dave

Nov 20, 2014, 8:50:09 AM11/20/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Just to keep everyone updated.

"Beside of this fix there are some more fixes should be provided.

As soon as developers will make all fixes they will provide new firmware.

Unfortunately, we can't give any dates when it will be released."

Helen Somersby

Nov 21, 2014, 5:16:01 AM11/21/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Any new updates Dave??

Dave

Nov 21, 2014, 6:20:16 AM11/21/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Nope, to be honest, i feel support has let us down on this occasion, i can only say that everybody who is having this issue should email support and maybe it might prompt a faster resolution. I appreciate there are other issues they are addressing but surely they can make a new image with the previous lib build on it and after they fix the other issues release a new one.

Spencer unknown

Nov 21, 2014, 7:21:23 AM11/21/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I did a test with 2 TVs side by side, and 1 mag-250 with r7 October update and one with r8 Nov 13 update.
The older firmware is running clear where as with the newer firmware the screen blacks out for a short period, then comes back.

Spencer unknown

Nov 21, 2014, 7:22:15 AM11/21/14

On Friday, November 21, 2014 2:21:23 PM UTC+2, Spencer unknown wrote:
I did a test with 2 TVs side by side, and 1 mag-250 with r7 October update and one with r8 Nov 13 update.
The older firmware is running clear where as with the newer firmware the screen blacks out for a short period, then comes back.

this happens every minute or so

Buleus

Nov 22, 2014, 9:34:47 AM11/22/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm the problem on my boxes too.....someone have any news about this?
thank you

Dave

Nov 22, 2014, 10:50:25 AM11/22/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
No new updates im afraid, still waiting.....
I have noticed however that a stream that is coming from Flash Media Encoder via http is fine but a stream from ffmpeg has the issue. Im wondering if its a keyframe interval setting or something.
I will continue to play with ffmpeg and wowza settings to see if i can figure this out.

cuebase

Nov 23, 2014, 10:12:44 AM11/23/14

On Monday, November 17, 2014 7:01:12 PM UTC, Dave wrote:
I accidentally updated my set-top box to the latest version yesterday to 0.2.18 and since i having channels cutting out to black screen randomly.
I use the method of HTTP to deliver streams.This is not isolated, i have had feedback from lots of other clients with the same issue. It was fine before the update, is there away to revert back.

I also was having the same problem, I factory reset the box to ver 0.2.18-r7-250 oct 2nd   It has been rock solid since.

Please note if you do this you will loose the infomir splash screen and also your portal setting so make a note off the portal address first.
Message has been deleted

Dave

Nov 23, 2014, 4:32:02 PM11/23/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Where did you find 0.2.18-r7-250 oct 2nd? i thought i had just solved it by restoring back to factory image but after i noticed it was factory image r8 still.
And same issue

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 5:55:37 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

did you do the update via bios and if so did you let it reboot with internet connected as that will update it again to latest firmware, Do the factory reset and let it boot without internet connected, then enter your portal details connect internet and reboot portal.

Dave

Nov 24, 2014, 6:00:10 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Yes mate, i did and it said factory image, but once loaded i could see it was still r8 version.
I actually made a walk-through for the thread for anybody unsure how to do it, but then once i loaded it up and realized it was still r8 but a factory default version i deleted it.

I'm gonna try again just make sure i'm not loosing my mind and check the version afterwards and let you know.

Dave

Nov 24, 2014, 6:04:39 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Yep, confirmed, it appears to be stuck on r8 even after Reset to factory defaults in bios.

Snoopy

Nov 24, 2014, 6:23:01 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad you said that because I did the same thing & thought I was missing something somewhere - so annoying!

John McF

Nov 24, 2014, 6:31:18 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Factory reset mine this morning and it automatically updated to the latest faulty firmware.

Dave

Nov 24, 2014, 6:33:59 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
It will do if you don't disable auto update in settings, but my issue is that it didn't actually downgrade the build just puts it back to r8 factory default.

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 6:42:56 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
This is weird when you were in bios and you scroll right to reset did it say wrong image and also is your infomir splash screen gone at boot up.

Dave

Nov 24, 2014, 6:46:00 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Yep it did exactly that twice, once its loaded up you can still see its the r8 version, its actually r8- factory image.

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 6:56:27 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
 Dont understand why this is, just double checked mine and it is r7 factory image, sorry for asking again but it definitely did not autoupdate again after reset did you have internet disconected.

Dave

Nov 24, 2014, 7:01:21 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Definite mate. In fact immediately after restore to factory and go back to inner portal i can see its still on r8.

This is the guide i even wrote last night for people to follow before i realized it hadn't worked.

  • Remove power and Ethernet lead from stb
  • Hold Menu button on remote whist powering back up, Leave out Ethernet (very important)
  • Blue screen should appear, scroll down to 'Def. Settings' and press right, this will restore your box to defaults. Await confirmation.
  • Exit & Save
  • You will need to go back into that blue screen one more time, so follow steps 1&2 again.
  • Change boot mode back to NAND2 then exit and save.
  • Your box will reboot and load to the standard factory default internal portal.
  • From there you can configure your portal, ntp server etc as normal.
  • In Advanced you can then change the automatic updates option (Iv set mine to 'with confirmation' or you can disable, your call)
  • Reboot and insert Ethernet connection and problem solved.

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 7:12:37 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 7:13:53 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, November 17, 2014 7:01:12 PM UTC, Dave wrote:
I accidentally updated my set-top box to the latest version yesterday to 0.2.18 and since i having channels cutting out to black screen randomly.
I use the method of HTTP to deliver streams.This is not isolated, i have had feedback from lots of other clients with the same issue. It was fine before the update, is there away to revert back.

Thats a screenie of mine it just dont make sense :(

Dave

Nov 24, 2014, 7:15:28 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
I presume my little guide above is the same way you did yours right?

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 7:19:23 AM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
yes it is I am going to do another box now to see if it works again

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 7:33:54 AM11/24/14

On Monday, November 24, 2014 12:19:23 PM UTC, cuebase wrote:
yes it is I am going to do another box now to see if it works again

Ok now i am totally lost just done a diff box and it did not work.

cuebase

Nov 24, 2014, 4:58:25 PM11/24/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com

I have managed to do it another way, will not post here as I think Infomir are not being genuine and have an ulterior motive, I also run a very influencial forum and if I find infomir lacking on this they will get exposed.
Message has been deleted

Snoopy

Nov 25, 2014, 10:23:00 AM11/25/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Can you give us any more on that Cuebase?

Helen Somersby

Nov 25, 2014, 10:49:14 AM11/25/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
not sure if this is what Cuebase was talking about but i found this:

Found these files for 218r7 from links posted below and reinstalled thru bios and all good again.
Remember rename bootstrap_250 to just bootstrap and put both files in a folder named mag250 or your model.
Load folder onto a FAT32 formatted usb stick.
Note I have only used this with a mag250.
Links:-
http://tv.tenet.ua/firmware/mag250/0.2.18-r7/imageupdate
http://tv.tenet.ua/firmware/mag250/0.2.18-r7/Bootstrap_250

Hope this helps.

Snoopy

Nov 25, 2014, 1:47:56 PM11/25/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Yes I've tried them already but it wouldn't accept them. Not sure if it's because we only have mag254's or something else

Вячеслав Стерх

Nov 25, 2014, 4:12:05 PM11/25/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Try this firmware. Its a clear public build r7 for mag 254

http://ftp.donnet.ru/pub/254/Bootstrap_254
http://ftp.donnet.ru/pub/254/imageupdate-0.2.18-r7-254-TEST

STB Model:MAG254
Date:Wed Nov 26 00:02:58 MSK 2014
Image Version:218
Image Description:0.2.18-r7-254-TEST
VerUpdateAPI:2
Kernel size:3354163
Image  size:58641023
Env size:118 61995186
Userfs Version:1
Userfs size:144 61995567

rename files to Bootstrap and imageudate and flash with USB Bootstrap

John McF

Nov 27, 2014, 5:17:38 PM11/27/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Snoopy

Nov 28, 2014, 8:20:37 AM11/28/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for those links - they worked a treat on my mag254 box

John Lyng

Nov 28, 2014, 4:35:06 PM11/28/14
to stalker-m...@googlegroups.com