ref_map.pl: Aborted because the last command failed (128)

Johanna

Jan 1, 2023, 6:11:42 PM1/1/23
to Stacks
Hi :)

I'm having some trouble running the ref_map.pl. My command is:
ref_map.pl --samples samples_mapped/ -o refmap_output/ --popmap popmap184inds.txt -T 8
and I keep getting the error:
ref_map.pl: Aborted because the last command failed (128).
Last command executed by ref_map.pl was:
  /opt/nesi/CS400_centos7_bdw/Stacks/2.61-gimkl-2022a/bin/gstacks -I samples_mapped/ -M popmap184inds.txt -O refmap_output -t 8
(ref_map.log and gstacks.log are attached for more details).

I'm not sure how to solves this issue. I ran the same command successfully a few month ago with the same dataset. The only difference now is that I'm using a masked reference genome when I mapping the reads.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Johanna

gstacks.log
ref_map.log

Catchen, Julian

Jan 2, 2023, 11:00:49 AM1/2/23
to stacks...@googlegroups.com

Hi Johanna,

Most likely you are running out of memory when gstacks runs. You could re-execute your gstacks command like this:

/usr/bin/time -v /opt/nesi/CS400_centos7_bdw/Stacks/2.61-gimkl-2022a/bin/gstacks -I samples_mapped/ -M popmap184inds.txt -O refmap_output -t 8

And it will tell you the maximum amount of memory your program consumed. Or, if this is a scheduled system, increase the amount of memory you requested from the scheduler.

julian

Johanna Kann

Jan 2, 2023, 5:24:54 PM1/2/23
to stacks...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian,

That makes sense. I should have thought of it earlier. I increased the memory and it worked fine.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Johanna

--