Can't find `yesod-bin` package

Артур Файзрахманов

Jan 15, 2017, 4:42:40 AM1/15/17
to Stackage
Hi folks!

For some reason I got no results when searching for `yesod-bin` on Stockage web
site.  I tried various LTS versions (6s and 7s), certainly package is in LTS 7.

Does anyone faced this issue?

Michael Snoyman

Jan 15, 2017, 4:46:06 AM1/15/17
to Артур Файзрахманов, Stackage

I see it here https://www.stackage.org/package/yesod-bin. I'm not sure where you were searching, but Hoogle search would likely fail because yesod-bin only exposes am executable and no library.

Артур Файзрахманов

Jan 15, 2017, 8:02:27 PM1/15/17
to Stackage, hera...@gmail.com, mic...@snoyman.com
Yes, I can see that page too.  I've got used to search packages using search
input on Stackage's main page.  For example, if I type "yesod" it will show me
such entries as "package yesod", "package yesod-core" among other [code] search
results.  If I'll go to arbitrary LTS page there will be search form too, which
works in similar manner.  In both cases, e.g. search form on main page and LTS
search form, package yesod-bin does not appear in the result list.  Maybe you're
right and this happens due to it is executable only.  Anyway, I expected to see
a link to package when searching.

P.S. I tried to figure out what version of Yesod Bin was in LTS 6 series but
haven't realized how to do this.

Michael Snoyman

Jan 16, 2017, 12:54:47 AM1/16/17
to Артур Файзрахманов, Stackage
A few different ways:

1. Go to https://www.stackage.org/lts-6/package/yesod-bin, it'll tell you 1.4.18.7
2. Go to https://www.stackage.org/lts-6 and find in page for yesod-bin
3. Replace "lts-6" with a specific minor version (e.g. lts-6.27) in the above two URLs if you want a specific release instead of the latest LTS 6.

Geraldus

Jan 16, 2017, 3:26:27 AM1/16/17
to Michael Snoyman, Stackage
Michael, can you try second point you suggested yourself?  For me it gives:

Your search produced no results.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Michael Snoyman

Jan 16, 2017, 3:28:09 AM1/16/17
to Geraldus, Stackage
That's why I said "find in page," as in the browser's Ctrl-F/Cmd-F functionality. The page I linked to lists all packages available in the snapshot. You can also just scroll through the page and find it alphabetically.

Geraldus

Jan 16, 2017, 3:33:37 AM1/16/17
to Michael Snoyman, Stackage
Oh, I misunderstood you.  OK, sometimes I use find on page anyway, but on-page
search box is used more frequently used (especially when looking up docs), so
it's very confusing that it does not show _some_ packages, while usually you
see other package search results in list.