Different flag settings for GHC 8.0

Omari Norman

Apr 30, 2016, 9:09:02 AM4/30/16
to Stackage
Hi everybody,

I have a package, pinchot, that uses Template Haskell, so some TH changes in GHC 8.0 meant that I had to create a compatibility module so that my package will work with both GHC 7.8 and GHC 8.0.  To pick between the two versions of the compatibility module, I didn't use CPP; instead, I have a cabal flag.  So the user has to set the cabal flag to make the build work with GHC 7.8; otherwise it will build for GHC 8.0.

cabal-install will automatically toggle flags, but Stack won't. So I will need to indicate to Stackage to leave the flag on for GHC 7.8, off for GHC 8.0.  What's the best way to make this work with Stackage?  Or should I be using a different workflow for this?  Thanks.  --Omari

Omari Norman

May 1, 2016, 9:34:30 AM5/1/16
to Stackage

Michael Snoyman

May 1, 2016, 10:11:48 AM5/1/16
to Omari Norman, Stackage
I think it's a capitalization issue, I'm following up on the Github issue.