Reminder of services for Clean Week - the First Week of Great Lent

Archimandrite Irenei

Feb 22, 2015, 10:36:03 AM2/22/15
to st-tik...@googlegroups.com
Dear parishioners and friends;

As we stand now on the eve of the Great Fast, a reminder that we serve Divine Services at St Tikhon's every morning and evening of the coming Clean Week.

Each weekday we have services at in the morning at 8.00 a.m., these being Matins, Hours, Typika and Vespers (etc.) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; and on Wednesday the Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts.

Each weekday we have services in the evening at 6.00 p.m., these being Compline with the Great Canon of St Andrew of Crete for the first four days (Monday-Thursday), and on Friday evening the Divine Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts, followed by a canon to St Theodore and the blessing of Kolyva.

Saturday we will serve the Divine Liturgy for St Theodore at 9.00 a.m.; and in the evening the Vigil for the First Sunday of Great Lent will begin at the usual hour of 5.30 p.m.

Sunday (1st March) is the Sunday of Orthodoxy, and we will celebrate the Divine Liturgy of St Basil the Great at our customary time of 9.00 a.m. This will be followed by the special Rite of the Triumph of Orthodoxy which takes place at the Cathedral at 12.00 p.m. — an important and unique service in our Church life, which St John of San Francisco always maintained with particular solemnity and in which we are one of the few dioceses that keeps a tradition of celebration that was unique to him. I pray that as many people as possible will be able to be present on this first Sunday of Lent for both services.

May God give you, and all of us, strength and bright joy for these first days of the Fast, in which we give our hears to God with renewed zeal and He responds by filling us with new love.

Asking for your prayers,
INXC, Archimandrite Irenei