A reminder of the cemetery Liturgy on Radonitsa (Tuesday 10th May), and grave blessings

Archimandrite Irenei

May 8, 2016, 12:15:35 AM5/8/16
to St Tikhon's Russian Orthodox Parish, San Francisco
Dear parishioners and friends, Christ is risen!

I pray that the past Bright Week has been filled with joy for you all!

In addition to the normal weekend services (all of which are listed on our schedule of services, available on-line), may I also remind you that the Divine Liturgy of Radonitsa will take place at the cemetery chapel at 9.30 a.m. on Tuesday, 10th May. The Divine Liturgy will be followed by a brief litya for the departed, also in the chapel; and then there will be the chance throughout the morning and afternoon to have the graves of your loved one's prayed at in the joy of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

This is a wonderful tradition of our Orthodox life — to proclaim the Resurrection to those in the graves — and I very much look forward to seeing you all at the cemetery for the Liturgy and these holy blessings!

Christ is risen! Truly, He is risen!

INXC, Archimandrite Irenei