February 13: Sensemaking and Theory-Building

David Ing

Feb 3, 2023, 4:47:45 PM2/3/23
to Systems Thinking Ontario
Language can be confusing!

>> Princess Bride, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

"Sensemaking" and "theory" are everyday common language ... yet each of may take different meanings from those words.

Gary Metcalf will lead a conversation on February 13, with two suggested pre-readings as a foundation.

Participants are welcomed to relate their interpretations, understandings, and criticisms of "sensemaking" and "theory".

For the pre-readings and more details, please refer to https://wiki.st-on.org/2023-02-13 .

For Zoom webconference, please sign up at https://sensemaking-theory-building.eventbrite.ca .  After pre-registration, the weblink to Zoom, and a passcode will show up on the logged-in Eventbrite page.