January 11: The Systems Movement: Engaging Communities with Traditions and Diversity

David Ing

Jan 2, 2021, 9:55:40 PM1/2/21
to Systems Thinking Ontario
For the first ST-ON session for the new year, we'll have a conversation with Gary S. Metcalf.

What is involved in guiding the multiple schools of systems thinking and cybernetics worldwide? As president of the International Society for the Systems Sciences (2007-2008) and the International Federation for Systems Research (2010-2016), Gary has served as a steward for the systems movement worldwide.

The meeting will held online.  Gary will be calling in from Ashland, Kentucky.

Dan Eng

Jan 2, 2021, 11:42:39 PM1/2/21
to st...@googlegroups.com
systems movement toda <=== today

--
Systems Thinking Ontario is a discussion list at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/st-on . Members have edit privileges on the publicly-visible wiki at https://sites.google.com/site/systhinkon/
---

Lucia Lucka

Feb 5, 2022, 10:40:10 PM2/5/22
to st...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,
do you have by any chance a recording of this meeting that I can watch?
Thanks,
Lucia
Oakville,ON

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 9:55 PM David Ing <davidi...@gmail.com> wrote:

David Ing

Feb 6, 2022, 12:30:12 PM2/6/22
to Systems Thinking Ontario
@Lucia,

Sure.  There's a blog post with the January 2021 Systems Thinking Ontario meeting with Gary Metcalf at https://coevolving.com/blogs/index.php/archive/the-systems-movement-gary-s-metcalf/ .

The link to the Youtube video also appears at the bottom of the original announcement at https://wiki.st-on.org/2021-01-11 .

I apologize to ST-ON fans who would like the recordings posted more readily.  The priority has been to keep the monthly meetings running, and secondarily on the artifacts.  Those who show up in person get the benefit if immediacy, as well as interaction!

There's a backlog of other monthly meetings that I have on my hard drive.  I'm trying to figure out some readable sources for a tough subject in March, and already have an idea for April.

David Ing