February 21: Schizophrenia, Alcoholism, Double Binds: From Practice to System Theory

David Ing

Feb 4, 2022, 1:03:26 PM2/4/22
to Systems Thinking Ontario
For the 97th meeting of Systems Thinking Ontario, we welcome Gary Metcalf to help guide us through the work of Gregory Bateson.

Our focus will be on the systems theory of double binds, as Bateson came to reconcile his research into learning with practices associated with schizophrenia and alcoholism.

There's two special notes on this session.

(1) The second Monday of February is Valentine's Day, and third Monday is Family Day (with President's Day in the USA).  We take this double bind head on, and will leave February 14 for romance!

(2) On the Eventbrite page, I've added an extra note that Systems Thinking Ontario is NOT intended as a self-help group!  We welcome first-time attendees, but moderating the conversation may be a little tighter than usual!

Please check out the pre-readings at https://wiki.st-on.org/2022-02-21 , and register at https://double-binds.eventbrite.ca .

ko2

Feb 7, 2022, 4:30:04 PM2/7/22
to st...@googlegroups.com, Gary Metcalf
Hi David and Gary.
I just booked my tickets to Alberta, and I’m flying on Feb 21.
I thought I would use the holiday to fly, and only saw the conflict when my tickets landed on my calendar.

Gary. I’m so sad to not be able to learn from you.
I’ll have to listen to the recording once it goes up.

Although I’ll be focused on family and friends, it’s not a holiday so I hope to take in what online sessions I can, and get some work done.  I’m back Mar2.

Kelly Okamura
KO&Co. for gooderGoods
kelly....@sympatico.ca
(416)786-8440