March 14: Entropy: How does the Second Law of Thermodynamics change our thinking?

David Ing

Mar 7, 2022, 1:06:32 PM3/7/22
to Systems Thinking Ontario
Please join us online on Monday, March 14, for some collective sensemaking on entropy, the second law of thermodynamics.

I, personally, will describe myself as consciously incompetent (i.e. I know what I don't know) to lead more than an introductory discussion on entropy.

Our friend David Hawk has agreed to deepen our understanding on this topic.  In August 2020, David Hawk led us through a discussion on "Tavistock, Social Systems Science, Action Learning", if anyone wants to review the video on Youtube.

At https://wiki.st-on.org/2022-03-14 , there's a link to an introductory video on entropy (and economics), as well as some annotated prereadings on how entropy has been previously surfaced in human affairs (and largely shunned).

Preregistration is available at  https://entropy-systems-thinking.eventbrite.ca .