Construction Begins on the New Santa Maria Virgen

off...@st-marys-episcopal.org

Sep 4, 2008, 8:34:52 AM9/4/08
to Saint Mary's Episcopal Church, Newton Massachusetts
"Father Julio shared with me this morning some wonderful news -
construction of the new church building for Santa Maria Virgen has
started, and is expected to be completed in October!

"Santa Maria Virgen is located in San Bartolo, a very densely
populated urban area in San Salvador. On my two trips to El Salvador I
visited ten Episcopal parishes, and can say that Santa Maria Virgen
had the worst physical building. Back in the 1990s, a piece of
property about 100 meters away was purchased for a new building, but
the land has been vacant since then. (Our mission team visited and
worked on this property on our trip this past May.)

"Our sister parish has saved funds over the years, and also received a
very generous grant from the Episcopal United Thank Offering (along
with some donations from St. Mary's.) Finally, construction on this
much needed new church building has begun."

See photos at:
http://st-marys-episcopal.org/News/News.html