Pretty cool way to earn money for charity

Kyle Matthew Oliver

Dec 12, 2008, 11:11:48 AM12/12/08
to St. Francis House Group
Hey everyone,

I know these types of services are in some ways a dime a dozen, but I
wanted to give a little testimonial for an automatic-donation tool I
used for the first time today.

If you go to www.igive.com, you can register with a particular cause
(such as, surprise surprise, the Diocese of Milwaukee's Haiti Project)
and then follow their site's links to all the various online merchants
you probably use anyway. If you click the link for, say, Best Buy, you
get taken to the normal Best Buy homepage and can shop as usual, but the
magic of technology lets the site know that some portion of your order
is earmarked for your particular cause or charity.

I only mention this because I know people are doing their holiday
shopping and travel planning right now; in addition to all the usual
suspects for buying /stuff/, all the major online airfare sites
(Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia) participate in the program.

Anyway, you know all the cliches about every little bit helping, so tell
your friends, etc. It really is pretty quick and easy to do.

~Kyle

--
Kyle Oliver
Graduate research assistant

JACQUELINE MARIE LOVE

Dec 12, 2008, 1:04:41 PM12/12/08
to st-franc...@googlegroups.com
Haha. I was actually going to send this to Shannon so I'm glad you sent this out. I've been trying to get my family to use it. Hannah Brown sent it to me. :)

Jackie