Long weekend?

1 view

Aditya Bhargava

Apr 3, 2012, 1:24:58 PM4/3/12
to ssoc...@googlegroups.com
I just realized it's a long weekend this weekend. Do we still want to meet on Friday? I'm fine with it, but others may not be as apathetic towards such holidays.

Wesley May

Apr 3, 2012, 1:35:09 PM4/3/12
to ssoc...@googlegroups.com
I'm bringing brownies to Cookie Break this week. You should all factor
that into your decision :D

Elizabeth Patitsas

Apr 3, 2012, 1:46:38 PM4/3/12
to ssoc...@googlegroups.com
I think we should meet then.

Here's something to start us out on the philosophy of AI:
http://plato.stanford.edu/archives/sum2005/entries/logic-ai/

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Wesley May

Apr 3, 2012, 2:03:32 PM4/3/12
to ssoc...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to get some kind of lactose-void brownies going on, but they
will be highly experimental XD

Steve Easterbrook

Apr 3, 2012, 2:10:55 PM4/3/12
to ssoc...@googlegroups.com
I won't be here.
BTW The University is officially closed on Friday, but I guess that won't stop you coming in if you like....
Steve

Elizabeth Patitsas

Apr 3, 2012, 5:04:04 PM4/3/12
to ssoc...@googlegroups.com
For the week afterwards, I'd like to discuss this recent Ted Talk, from
Sherry Turkle on online communication:
http://www.ted.com/talks/sherry_turkle_alone_together.html

For a bonus "reading": Turkle's talk reminded me of this one, on
vulnerability --
http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html -- I'd
hypothesize that part of the appeal of online connection is the
decreased vulnerability involved.

Cheers,
Elizabeth