March 17th Remote workers lunch gathering

Trevor Swenson

Mar 12, 2009, 11:35:14 AM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Make your vote for next week's lunch gathering

-Trevor

Gerry Kirk

Mar 12, 2009, 11:43:14 AM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Are most ppl around next week, being March break? I will be.

<plug>

BTW I'm leading a session on Agile dev @ the Innovation Centre's Software Dev Best Practices workshop on Monday. Other topics cover Python, Ruby on Rails, QA best practices, SD processes. $20 lunch incl.

My session is @ 9:30 until 11 and will be hands-on, interactive learning game style so don't expect to sit back and sip your coffee during my time slot. If you or anyone else you know what's to experience first-hand how Agile can give you a bump in productivity and make developing software more fun, I hope I'll see you there. :)

</plug>

More info at itssm.com/calendar

- Gerry
--
skype: gerry.kirk and more ways to connect @ http://gerrykirk.net/about
blog: http://gerrykirk.net

Gerry Kirk

Mar 12, 2009, 11:45:03 AM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Let's try and get some new ppl out also. Everyone try and invite one new person to come and dine. :)

- Gerry

Trevor Swenson

Mar 12, 2009, 12:30:38 PM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
I won't be available for lunch Tues, taking the family to Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse city.  Session on Monday sounds interesting though, I will try and make it but no guarantees

-Trevor

Brad Simard

Mar 12, 2009, 2:39:34 PM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com

So Gerry has finally grown tired of us … *sigh*.  I will be around for March break .  I was also planning on attending the workshop, but maybe I’ll wait until 11 so I can relax and  sip my coffee :b

I’ll probably bring out a new lad who is a former IT manager that just moved to the Soo and looking for work (to the workshop and lunch) …

Gerry Kirk

Mar 17, 2009, 9:12:37 AM3/17/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
I guess we're not on for today. Only two people voted. This is bordering on pathetic, guys, what can we do to re-energize this group?

- Gerry