Twitter: A Crash Course - Looking for interest, feedback

Gerry Kirk

Mar 12, 2009, 10:39:02 PM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Last January, I gave a presentation on how I used social media and online tools for the vote swap / vote reform campaign during the last federal election, which was well received. A number of people have expressed interest in learning more about Twitter, a tool I use on a daily basis, more than any other.

I've put together a course outline, and would like to know
  1. are you interested in taking the course
  2. would you add / remove anything in the course outline
  3. can you attend during weekday, weeknight or weekend?
  4. does $50 seem like a reasonable price?
Here are the details. Thanks for taking the time to check it out and get back to me. I've never organized a public training session before, though I have done numerous training sessions for clients.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dzp5jvv_3hsvp26dm&hl=en

Thanks,
Gerry

--
skype: gerry.kirk and more ways to connect @ http://gerrykirk.net/about
blog: http://gerrykirk.net

gil....@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2009, 10:52:55 PM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Very timely. I am on the business social network LinkedIn. I have been asked to do a blog for work and I follow a couple and now there is Twitter. I created an account, found a couple colleagues and that is where it ended. I do not get it, it seems like a colossal waste of time. So if you can demonstrate to me how twitter can result in new relationships, increased chance for revenue, 50 is worth it. Gil

From: Gerry Kirk
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:39:02 -0400
To: <ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Twitter: A Crash Course - Looking for interest, feedback

Gerry Kirk

Mar 12, 2009, 11:31:55 PM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Gil,

Your experience is typical, and what I experienced also at the start. There is definitely a hump one has to get over before Twitter starts to pay off. The goal of the course is to fast-track the effort to get there and start reaping benefits.

I think you'll be pleased with your investment. ;)

- Gerry

gil....@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2009, 11:44:45 PM3/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Cool, let me know when you run it.

From: Gerry Kirk
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:31:55 -0400
To: <ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com>

Gerry Kirk

Mar 23, 2009, 12:02:48 AM3/23/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Ok course is posted, who will be the first to sign up? Limited to 20 people.

http://twitteressentials.eventbrite.com/

- Gerry

My Diary

Apr 1, 2009, 8:05:32 AM4/1/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerry
Yes I am interested and I am fine with $50.

My preferences are, weeknights. I am on Twitter, created an account , etc. What I want to get out of the course is the next step. There is a particular business community I want to reach out to and be connected with including peers, mentors and potential clients. Perhaps include in the agenda a use case or scenario where you accomplish those things.

Thanks
Gil