Web site analyzer tool

Brad Simard

Oct 28, 2008, 9:21:57 AM10/28/08
to SSM Remote Workers
Hey guys,

Since this group has given me a bunch of useful web tools, thought i
would ask here.

Is there a web site analyzer tool that is well known / used and
preferred? Looking for something that can spit out the structure of
our website, highlight any broken links, etc. for a refresh we are
doing. Thanks.

Brad.

Gerry Kirk

Oct 28, 2008, 9:29:16 AM10/28/08
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com

Brad Simard

Oct 28, 2008, 9:35:10 AM10/28/08
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com

Sweet, thanks.

John Hatherley

Oct 28, 2008, 9:58:14 AM10/28/08
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com

Hi Brad:

If you are also looking for tools to help you analyze where your site can be modified to improve search engine rankings you will find a bunch of them at www.webconfs.com .

A good strategy is to search using words you think a client would use to find your site and then using the various SEO tools at the above link, reverse engineer the competitor sites that beat your company in the rankings.

Of the tools there, I like the search engine simulator tool (shows what content the search engine can find your site by…not all your pages may currently be searchable); keyword density cloud and back-link checker.

Good luck,

John Hatherley, B.Sc., MBA

Business Development Manager

Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre

1520 Queen St. East

Sault Ste Marie, ON P6A 2G4

Tel: 705-942-7927 x.3129

Fax: 705-942-6169

www.ssmic.com & www.itssm.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and contain confidential and/or privileged material or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this by mistake, please contact the sender by e-mail immediately and delete the material from any computer.